Transfer Students

Thinking of making a change?

Alvernia University welcomes students who are eager to continue their career preparation at a college committed to providing personal attention and flexible class schedules. We make it easy for you to become part of the Alvernia community, and we work with you to make your transfer a smooth process. Our transfer counselor is ready to help you navigate the process!

You have already taken classes, experienced college life, and started on your way toward your education and career goals. You don't want to have to start from the beginning. We consider each student's academic record individually, so most students find that their previous course work will count toward an Alvernia degree. Alvernia has a transfer partnership with the following two-year colleges:

  • Berks Technical Institute
  • Bucks County Community College
  • Community College of Philadelphia
  • Delaware County Community College
  • Harcum College
  • Harrisburg Area Community College
  • Lehigh Carbon Community College
  • McCann School of Business and Technology
  • Montgomery County Community College
  • Northampton Community College
  • Pennsylvania Institute of Technology
  • Reading Area Community College

In order to transfer to Alvernia, you must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (higher for some majors) from a regionally accredited two- or four-year institution. A maximum of 75 credits will be accepted in transfer. Students must complete a minimum of 45 credits at Alvernia to receive their degree. After you have completed the application process, we will review your application for admission and do an official transfer evaluation to determine your academic class level.

Be sure to review our scholarships just for transfer students. And don't forget about financial aid! About 99% of our undergraduates receive some type of financial aid.


Office of Undergraduate Admissions
400 Saint Bernardine Street
2nd Floor – Student Center
Reading, PA 19607
Phone: 610.796.8269
Fax: 610.790.2873

Connect with us on Facebook

Office Hours
Mon - Fri 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Selected Saturdays

Frequently Called Numbers

We're here to answer your questions. Please contact us if we can help.

Office                          Number       
Admissions                610.796.8269
Athletics                  610.796.8276
Dean of Students      610.796.8234
Financial Aid            610.796.8356
Health and Wellness 610.796.8334
Residence Life          610.796.8320
Student Success        610.796.5514



Transfer Students