School of Graduate Studies
Whether you’re looking to get ahead with an MBA, learn the skills you need to become a professional counselor, develop a deeper understanding of teaching to enhance student learning, excel in positions of leadership or pursue other topics of interest, Alvernia University has graduate degree programs that will help you reach your goals.
Alvernia offers flexible scheduling with evening and weekend classes, personal attention from a caring and supportive faculty, and convenient locations in Reading (main campus), Schuylkill, and Philadelphia.
We are the area’s leader in adult education, helping thousands of working adults realize their professional goals, offering convenience and excellence in adult education.
All degree programs are approved by the Department of Education of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
Graduate Degree Programs
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Post-baccalaureate to DNP Program (A-GNP or FNP)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Leadership
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Master of Arts in Clinical Counseling (CACREP Accredited)
- Master of Arts in Leadership (New)
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Education
- Post-baccalaureate Certification Programs for Educators
- English as a Second Language Program Specialist (Grades K-12)
- Special Education (Grades Pre K-8 and 7-12) Certification
- Certificate in Disabilities and Inclusive Communities
- Principal Certification
- Superintendent's Letter of Eligibility
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Education
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Leadership
- Master of Science in Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Master of Social Work (Entry-Level & Advanced-Standing)
Graduate Online Programs
- Online Post Master's Doctor of Nursing Practice in Clinical or Health Systems Leadership (some intensive course formats/brief residency requirements)
- Online Master of Business Administration
- Online Master of Education with Special Education (Grades Pre K-8 and 7-12) Certification
- Online Special Education (Grades Pre K-8 and 7-12) Certification
Not sure which graduate degree is right for you? Make an appointment with an enrollment coordinator today. We’ll help you figure out which degree is a match for your goals and interests.