In accordance with the federal regulations set forth the by The Higher Education Act of 1965 (amended in 1998), educational institutions are required to disclose specific consumer information about the school and the availability of student financial aid to prospective and continuing students. The following is a detailed list of consumer information and references to additional details and/or reports.
- Academic Calendar: Important dates for future academic terms.
- Academic Programs: Programs of study available at Alvernia University.
- Accreditation Information: Alvernia is an accredited institution.
- Admissions & Aid: Information on admission for Undergraduate, Graduate, Transfer, Accelerated Adult & Online Programs.
- College Navigator: Learn more about Alvernia University with this useful tool.
- Computer Use and File Sharing: Alvernia's current policy for computer use and file sharing.
- Copyright Infringement Policies and Sanctions: Alvernia's copyright infringement policy.
- Cost of Attendance: Details on tuition and fees for undergraduate and graduate students can be found in the 2022-23 Financial Aid Handbook.
- Course Catalog: Information on programs and courses of study begin on page 87 of this interactive guide. For grading policies, see page 67.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA): Federal regulations regarding privacy.
- Instructional Facilities and Labs: Campus maps are available with information and photos of campus facilities.
- Instructional Personnel: A directory of our current professors, faculty, and staff.
- Locations: Listing of all Alvernia University locations.
- Majors & Minors: Details on each major & minor offered at Alvernia, including completion requirements, length of programs, career paths available, and any relevant requirements for eligibility for licensure or entry into the professional field.
- Services for Disabled Students: Alvernia offers services for students with disabilities. Additional details can be found here.
- Student Activities: Student clubs and organizations, including SGA and CAB as well as other campus happenings.
- Student Complaints: Alvernia University adheres to the SARA Complaints Guidelines.
- Student Diversity: Information about the Alvernia University student population.
- Textbook Information: Visit the online bookstore to place orders for your textbooks, you can pick them up or have them delivered to your home.
- Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreement Programs: Alvernia has an articulation agreement or transfer partnership with various colleges.
- Tuition Refund Policy: Information regarding tuition adjustments based on drops/withdrawals/refunds of credit balance.
- U-CAN: University and College Accountability Network
- Veteran Student Information: Alvernia has programs and services expressly for our valued veteran students.
- Voter Registration: The university encourages everyone to register and vote.
Title II Reports
- Access Title II Reports: National Teacher Preparation Data.
Financial Aid Information
- Applying for Aid: Applying for financial aid is easy at Alvernia. We encourage you to apply, even if you feel you may not be eligible for assistance. Pennsylvania residents should file the FAFSA before the May 1 state grant deadline. Be sure to list Alvernia University as one of the schools that will receive your information. Our school code is 003233.
- Available Aid Programs: Alvernia University offers a program of financial assistance that includes grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study opportunities.
- Determination of Eligibility: Financial aid eligibility differs depending upon the degree program in which you are enrolling. Minimum requirements are broken down by degree program.
- Preferred Lender List: Alvernia's recommended lenders for alternative loans.
- Rights and Responsibilities of Receiving Financial Aid: Know your rights and requirements when you obtain financial assistance.
Student Loan Information
- Institutional Code of Conduct for Educational Loans
- Initial Loan Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Self Certification Form
- Terms and Conditions of Student Employment: There are many types of student employment available at Alvernia – Federal Work Study, Intitutional Work Study, PA state work study and the Facilities Student Partnership Program.
- Terms of Withdrawal: Information on how financial aid is affected by withdrawing from the university may be found in the Alvernia Financial Aid Handbook.
- Tuition and Fees: Current costs information by type of degree.
- Net Price Calculator: Estimate your eligibility for financial aid and your out-of-pocket expenses
Health and Safety
- Illegal Drug and Substances Policy: The institutional alcohol and substances policy can be found in Alvernia's Student Handbook.
- Health Requirements: Students will utilize Alvernia’s Student Health Portal to complete all health requirements before the start of classes.
- Emergency Guidelines and Procedures: Click to download Alvernia's emergency guidelines and procedures.
- Sexual Misconduct Policy: Details of Alvernia's strictly enforced regulations can also be found in the Student Handbook.
- Job Placement for Graduates: The career services office is staffed by career development professionals to assist students and alumni in all phases of occupational exploration, career planning, and job seeking.
- Public Safety Information: Annual security report and crime statistics.
- Student Demographics: Profile information on the Alvernia student population
- Student Performance on Licensing Exams: A roundup of scores on various licensing examinations.
- Student Accomplishments: Students receive recognition for their achievements while also creating a profile – a Merit page – that they can use for jobs, internships, and references after graduation.