Alvernia University Residence Halls
Residence halls provide students with opportunities for group interaction and development of leadership skills through the Residence Halls Association, National Residence Hall Honorary, Residence Life student staff positions, themed and affinity communities, and hall/floor programs. It has been demonstrated that the value-based life skills gained through the intentional group living experience contributes to the development of the student's maturity and overall success, and are transferable to the workforce and to life in general.
All Alvernia University residence halls offer the following:
- Furnished rooms that include: beds with mattresses, dressers, desks with chairs, closets, and window blinds for privacy
- Cable connection with basic cable service
- High speed internet connection
- Phone connection with local phone service, including voicemail
- Air-conditioning/heating units in each room or suite (Francis Hall does not have air-conditioning; however, rooms are equipped with ceiling fans.)
- Laundry facilities in the building
- Social and study lounges in the building
Alvernia University maintains 10 distinctive kinds of residential living-learning environments. The University offers housing to full-time matriculated single students only.