At Alvernia, most transfer students receive some form of financial aid. See all of your options below & determine your eligibility. Do you have questions or are you unsure about your eligibility? We're ready to help! Contact the Undergraduate Admissions office with any questions and to receive a full transfer credit review:
Students seeking to transfer into a traditional day undergraduate program, should connect with Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions for Transfer Students Arielle Phillips at Arielle.email@example.com or 610-796-8207.
Traditional/Residential Programs (in Reading, PA)
The following scholarships are given to qualified full-time, degree-seeking, undergraduate day-time transfer students working toward their first bachelor's degree. Cumulative GPA includes all colleges/universities previously attended:
- Reading Collegiate Scholars Program Scholarship: Reading Area Community College (RACC) graduates who transfer to Alvernia each Fall will be considered for a full-tuition scholarship. Requirements for this award: Each student must obtain an Associate's Degree before the academic term of acceptance; must live in the city of Reading, Pennsylvania; must have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher while a RACC student; and must be enrolled full-time in the day academic division. Applicants must also submit their Reading Collegiate Scholars Program application by May 1 for Fall enrollment in that academic year.
- Provost Scholarship: A $21,000 scholarship given to students who are a member of Phi Theta Kappa or non-PTK members who have earned a cumulative 3.5 grade point average or higher from all previous institutions.
- Bernardine Scholarship: This $19,000 scholarship is given to students who have earned a cumulative grade point average between 3.25 and 3.49 from all previous institutions.
- Dean Scholarship: This $17,000 scholarship is given to students who have earned a cumulative grade point average between 3.0 and 3.24 from all previous institutions.
- Transfer Scholarship: This $15,000 scholarship is given to students who have earned a cumulative grade point average between 2.5 and 2.99 from all previous institutions.
- Micro Scholarships: Alvernia has partnered with RaiseMe to offer micro-scholarships that recognize your everyday achievements and allow you to start earning scholarships to Alvernia before you even apply. Future high school applicants can earn up to $17,000 per year and transfer students up to $22,000 per year - which will be part of your Alvernia University scholarship or financial aid award. You may receive even more in your scholarship or financial aid once we review your application, but the money you earn from Alvernia University on RaiseMe is the guaranteed minimum amount you will receive from Alvernia University. Start earning today at www.raise.me/join/alvernia
- Alvernia Connects With Transfers Scholarship: This $1,000 scholarship is given to students who have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher from all previous institutions AND apply and submit a FASFA prior to May 1, 2023 in order to begin classes in the Fall 2023 semester. Students wishing to begin classes in the Spring 2023 semester must meet the GPA requirement, apply and submit a FASFA prior to Dec. 1, 2022.
Accelerated Baccalaureate Degree Programs
All adult/non-traditional learners receive discounted tuition. However, qualified students will also receive the following:
- Dual Admissions Scholarship ($1000/year): Awarded to dual admissions students (who complete the Adult Education application before completing 45 credits at a regionally-accredited community college) who enroll at half-time or full-time enrollment, as a one-time award for their first year (or first two consecutive semesters).
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship ($1000/year): Awarded to students holding current membership in PTK for continuous full-time enrollment for up to 4 semesters and requires maintaining a 2.0 GPA.
- PA Community College Transfer Award (up to $2,000 total for 4 semesters): Awarded to transfer students who have completed an associate degree or at least 70 transferable credits with a final minimum cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 and who enroll in at least half-time continuous enrollment.
***IF a student is enrolled FULL-TIME at Alvernia, they would qualify for both the PA Community College Transfer Award and the PTK Scholarship. A student will ALSO qualify for the Dual Admissions Scholarship IF the student declares Dual Admission with Alvernia before completing no more than 45 college-level credits from all colleges/universities attended.
International Transfer Student Scholarships
Alvernia offers scholarships to International Students entering Alvernia University as transfer students in the undergraduate day program. This award is up to $22,000 and renewable for up to four years (eight semesters). You should review the types of scholarships and all the details on how to apply for them on our International Students Scholarships webpage.
Interested students must apply online. The deadline for submitting your scholarship application is May 1 each year. Eligible students must meet all requirements listed below. The scholarship selection process will begin after the scholarship application deadline.
- Be a full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate student attending mostly daytime classes.
- Have earned a minimum 3.0 overall cumulative GPA by the May 1 scholarship application deadline.
- Meet English proficiency and financial specifications.
If you have questions, please contact Alvernia's International Admissions Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Sibel Ahi, Director of International Student Recruitment, directly by phone at 610-568-1473.