Financial Help For Transfer Students
At Alvernia, about 99% of transfer students receive some form of financial aid. Review the following awards to determine if there are any that you may be eligible for, and do not hesitate to contact the Undergraduate Admissions office with any questions. Feel free to email our office inbox or send questions to our Transfer Coordinator Bret Krotee. You can also reach us by phone at 610-796-8269.
Transfer Students (Non-International)
The following scholarships are given to qualified full-time day undergraduate transfer students working toward their first bachelor's degree:
Reading Collegiate Scholars Program Scholarship
Reading Area Community College (RACC) graduates who transfer to Alvernia in Fall 2020 will be considered for a full-tuition scholarship.
Requirements for this award: Each student must obtain an Associate's Degree before the academic term of acceptance; must live in the city of Reading, Pennsylvania; must have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher while a RACC student; and must be enrolled full-time in the day academic division. Applicants must also submit their Reading Collegiate Scholars Program application by May 1 for Fall enrollment in that academic year.
A $16,000 scholarship given to students who have earned a 3.5 grade point average or higher from all previous institutions.
This $14,000 scholarship is given to students who have earned a grade point average between 3.25 and 3.49 from all previous institutions.
This $13,000 scholarship is given to students who have earned a grade point average between 3.0 and 3.24 from all previous institutions.
This $11,000 award is given to students who have earned a grade point average between 2.0 and 2.99 from all previous institutions.
Partnering Alvernia & Community (PAC)*
A $4,000 scholarship given to students who have a 3.0 grade point average or higher from all previous institutions, who have a history of community involvement.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship (PTK)*
This $5,000 scholarship is awarded to students holding current membership in Phi Theta Kappa.
*Either the PAC or the PTK may be added to the Provost, Bernardine, Dean or Transfer award where applicable.
International Transfer Students
An annual $10,000 award is offered to all full-time International Students entering Alvernia University as transfer students in the undergraduate day program. The award is renewable up to four semesters for new transfer students.
Eligible students must meet all admissions criteria listed below. Candidates must also confirm enrollment by May 1 for fall enrollment or by October 1 for spring enrollment. Confirmations of enrollment completed and received after these deadlines may be considered on a funds-available basis.
- must have an Associate's degree
- must hold an F-1 Student Visa
- TOEFL is waived if:
- Proper documentation is submitted
- Student is from an English-speaking country
- Student has at least two consecutive years of education in an American high school or institution of higher education. A transcript from the American school or institution should suffice as proof unless otherwise determined by the Admissions Office.
- Award is guaranteed for up for four (4) semesters for Associate's degreed transfer students
- Students must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate, degree-granting program on Alvernia's main campus. Students enrolled at other campuses are not eligible.
- Preference for awards will be given to students who transfer to Alvernia University from an affiliated community college (transferable in SEVIS without status violation).