Alvernia University understands that transfer students have unique needs. You've already taken college classes elsewhere, or possibly served in the military, and you don't want to start from the beginning again. And you don't have to.
Whether you’re coming from a four-year institution or a community college, or have military schooling and experience, Alvernia is committed to providing you with personal attention and flexible class schedules that make it easy for you to join Alvernia's main campus community. We consider each student's academic record individually, so most students' previous coursework counts toward an Alvernia University Bachelor's degree, which typically means you continue on your educational journey without repeating a step.
To assist transfer students with their unique concerns and questions, AU's Assistant Director for Transfer Students Arielle Phillips-Law is dedicated to guiding you through the process. Based in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, she is ready to help you get where you want to go, so please feel free to email her at Arielle.Phillips@alvernia.edu, call her at 610-796-8207 or email our Admissions Office.
Please note that if you have missed less than one academic year, you do not have to re-apply and can contact our Registrar's Office to register for classes. We also recommend that you complete the FAFSA so that you can be considered for financial aid, if and when you are admitted.
Transfer Admissions Process
The AU transfer admissions process is simple:
- Submit an application via our AU online portal or The Common Application
- Submit proof of high school graduation (copy of diploma or transcripts)
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges that you have attended previously. For college transcripts to be considered official, they must be requested and sent via that institution’s Registrar
- Military (active, reserve, veteran and dependents) students may also be required to submit:
- DD214 (member 4 copy) from military service - This form is a complete and thorough document that verifies a service member's proof of military service.
- Joint Service Transcripts - Students with prior military schooling can submit a Joint Service Transcript (JST). The JST is a collaborative program that replaces previous transcript programs, detailing your military schooling and work history in civilian terms. This standard form approach allows colleges to read and recommend credits with ease. Alvernia accepts JST transcripts and they are available by contacting the JST website.
These documents can be emailed or sent via postal mail to:
Alvernia University, ATTN: Office of Undergraduate Admissions
400 Saint Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607