Nate Keller Studying

Will my courses transfer?

The short answer is yes, but the more detailed truth is that each person's situation is different.


In other words, Alvernia does accept credits for classes you've already successfully completed. However, course equivalences are assessed based on your transcripts from all previously attended schools. Therefore, once we have your documents, the Alvernia University Registrar's Office will review them to determine the academic credits that will be applied to your Alvernia degree. This assessment is different for every student, based on individual academic history and accomplishment.


Generally, Alvernia accepts courses completed at regionally accredited institutions, for which a grade of C or higher was earned. Alvernia does not however grant credit for online courses in laboratory science for major science courses, including those offered in a hybrid format.


For students in the Nursing program, a C+ or higher is required in fundamental science classes. If you're curious about transferring your previous coursework, please send your unofficial transcripts to the office of your program, depending on which program you're interested in, for an unofficial, preliminary transcript evaluation.


While the preliminary, unofficial evaluation can assist you in making decisions - to actually be admitted to the university, official transcripts must be received. To do that, students should contact all previously attended schools to request official electronic documents, which can be uploaded to your online application, or have previous schools mail paper transcripts to: Alvernia University, Office of the Registrar, 400 Saint Bernardine St., Reading, PA 19607.


Choosing Your Program and AU Transfer Coordinator

There are several options for completing your degree at Alvernia. Our Undergraduate program enables students to transfer and participate in daytime classes at our main Reading campus to earn a Bachelor's degree.


Our School of Graduate and Adult Education offers several different ways to earn Bachelor's, Master's and Ph.D. degrees via accelerated, evening and online programs.


These distinctly different programs have separate transfer counselors who are committed to helping you through the process of enrolling and getting on with your journey.


  • Arielle Phillips-Law is our Assistant Director for Transfer Students for Traditional Day students on the Reading campus. She is based in the Undergraduate Admissions Office and can be contacted by calling that office at 610-796-8269. You can email her directly or communicate with us via the Admissions department inbox


Transfer Students