Starting the Transfer Process
Undergraduate transfer students wishing to take daytime classes during the regular semester, must provide a few supporting materials in addition to an application for enrollment. Please be aware that obtaining some of these items can take time (having transcripts from other schools sent to us), so plan ahead and be sure to get your application and other necessary documents to us in ample time, so you can start classes when you wish.
Items required for transfer admission include:
- All official High School and College Transcripts. You must contact your previous institutions and request that they submit official transcripts to us for consideration. We need a transcript from the high school and any college(s) you have attended (GED scores are accepted as an alternative to a high school transcript).**
- Nursing applicants must submit two letters of recommendation. Those who recommend you for admission may send the letters themselves via mail, email or fax.
- Veterans must provide a copy of form DD-214. This form identifies the veteran's condition of discharge and must be submitted to the Admissions office for evaluation.
- Generally SAT/ACT scores are not required. This applies to anyone transferring after two (2) or more semesters attending at another college or university. However, if - following your high school graduation - you were enrolled for only one semester at another four-year institution, we will need to review your official test scores.
- Don't forget to complete your application. Once you've contacted the other institutions you have attended, please submit your Alvernia University application so we can get you on your way to becoming a member of the Golden Wolves pack! Even if you're a former Alvernia student who is re-enrolling after time away, you must submit a new application.
**Note: All transcripts should be dated within one (1) year of your application date, and must include the school registrar's seal. These documents can be sent electronically to our Office of Undergraduate Admissions or may be faxed to us at 610-796-2873. Transcripts can also be mailed (each in it's own a sealed school envelope) via the postal service to Alvernia University, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 400 Saint Bernardine Street, Reading, PA 19607
Also vital to the transfer process is your application. You can apply online using either The Common Application or our own AU Portal. Both are easy and secure ways to quickly submit your application to become an Alvernia student.
If you have questions or concerns, please call the Undergraduate Office of Admissions at 610-796-8269 (888-ALVERNIA) or send us an email. You can also contact our Transfer Coordinator Bret Krotee to discuss starting down your unique Alvernia University path.
*We are currently accepting Nursing applications for the Spring of 2019. Due to program capacity, transfer seats are very limited. All completed files will be reviewed by the Department Chair on a case-by-case basis. Once your file is completed and has been reviewed, you will be notified of your status by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
**We are accepting Occupational Therapy applications for transfer students for the Spring 2019 semester. Due to program capacity, transfer seats are very limited. All completed files will be reviewed by the Department Chair on a case-by-case. Once your file is completed and has been reviewed, you will be notified of your status by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Transfer students interested in Occupational Therapy also have the option to earn a Bachelor's degree in areas such as Biology, Healthcare Science, etc. and may then apply to our entry level MSOT program through the Alvernia Office of Graduate & Adult Education.