Funds for Newly Enrolled Adults
The impact of COVID-related furloughs, position eliminations, and reduced hours have left many job-insecure. Now’s the best time to get your degree, complete the degree you put on hold, or pursue a new career. Invest in yourself NOW and we’ll invest in you too.
Alvernia’s Impact Grant is earmarked for ‘Newly Enrolled Adult Students’ to pursue an accelerated bachelor’s or master’s degree this Spring at one of our three campus locations in Reading, Philadelphia or Pottsville. These funds are available for the Spring 2021 semester, with sessions starting on Feb 1 or March 22.
Students enrolling in 6 or more credits and can receive up to $2500 for full-time/12 or more credits, $1250 for part-time/6-8 credits, and $1875 for ¾ time/9-11 credits (not to exceed total cost of tuition and fees).
** NOTE – Students must have a completed admission application before submitting grant application.
- Must complete 20/21 and 21/22 FAFSA and enter 003233 as our school code
- Must be verified to have applied, accepted, and enrolled in the Spring 2021 semester
- Must be accepted and enrolled minimal of half-time status for the SPRING 2021 semester (February 1st or March 22nd start dates)
- Must Apply for an Impact Grant between January 1, 2021 – January 30, 2021 (For Feb 1st start date) and between Feb 8, 2021-March 15, 2021 (for March 22nd start date)
- Must be present in classes (maintaining attendance through semester) to be eligible - final amount applied in week (6)
Basis for Selection:
Selection for award is based on completed application for admissions, and successful completion of the above criteria. Impact Grant Awards are available for the Spring 2021 Semester only and on first come first serve basis.
Uses for Award:
The scholarship may be used to cover tuition, fees, and textbooks required by the course(s).
If you have questions or would like to speak with one of our admissions counselors, don’t hesitate to contact us at: