The Health & Wellness Center maintains health records for undergraduate and graduate health requirements as listed by the University and/or departments. All full-time undergraduate students, as well as all DPT, MSN, MSOT, and MSAT students, are required to complete the health requirements listed below.
General Medical Requirements
Please visit Alvernia's Student Health Portal to complete your forms. The Alvernia Student Health Portal username and password are the same as your Alvernia email username and password. If logon assistance is needed, please contact the Service Desk at 610.230.5700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the Alvernia Medical History form
- Complete the Alvernia Tuberculosis Risk Questionnaire
- Complete the Alvernia Immunization form and upload a copy of your immunization record from your healthcare provider
- 2 MMR vaccines, both after your 1st birthday
- 1 Tdap booster after the age of 11, 1 TD booster if the Tdap was more than 10 years ago
- 1 Meningitis vaccine at or after age 16. (Meningococcal conjugate, MCV4, MenACWY, Menactra, Menveo, MenQuadfi)
- 3 Hepatitis B vaccines
- 2 Varicella vaccines or a documented date of chicken pox illness. (Students in health majors must provide record of vaccinations or a titer showing immunity).
- COVID vaccines – Students with clinical, field placement, or internship experiences in a healthcare setting will need to provide record of COVID vaccines or request a medical or religious exemption for these vaccines. The COVID vaccine exemption form may be requested by sending a message through the Student Health Portal.
- Hepatitis A vaccines
- Meningitis B vaccines (Bexsero or Trumenba)
Deadlines for Health Requirements
Fall Enrollment - Connection Day
|Transfer Students||Fall Enrollment - August 1st
Spring Enrollment - January 1st
Fall Enrollment - August 1st
Spring Enrollment - January 1st
Summer Enrollment - May 1st
MOD Enrollment - by the end of Add/Drop
Health Insurance Requirements
The University requires all full-time undergraduate students, and graduate students in DPT, DNP, MSN, MSOT, MSAT, and MSW programs to maintain health insurance coverage and requires an annual copy of each student's current insurance card by August 1 for students enrolled in the fall semester and January 1 for students who are starting at Alvernia in the spring semester. This must be done once per academic calendar year.
The University no longer offers a student health insurance plan. If you need health insurance coverage, the following sites offer access to purchase coverage through the federal and state insurance marketplace:
Visit the Alvernia Student Health Portal to complete the following requirements:
- Upload a copy of your current health insurance card in the Document Upload feature in the portal
Off-Campus Educational Experience Requirements
Many programs of study at Alvernia University have opportunities or requirements to participate in off-campus educational experiences as upperclassmen. These off-campus experiences may require additional health information to be kept on file in the Health & Wellness Center. For example, a Physical Exam form completed by your healthcare provider or tuberculosis skin testing prior to participating in an off-campus educational experience (clinical, fieldwork, internship, etc.). Please be sure to contact the Health & Wellness Center to discuss any additional health requirements mandated by your internship site or program of study when you enroll in an internship/educational experience class, 610.568.1467.