Francis Hall is a traditional-style residence hall that houses 49 first-year students in wings based on identifying gender. The one-floor residence hall features a common lounge and communal bathrooms that are regularly cleaned by facilities. Named after Saint Francis of Assisi, Francis Hall is an academic building but has a separate residence hall area with its own entry. As a Franciscan institution, Alvernia strives to meet St. Francis' values and mission.
Each room is a double with two beds, two dressers, two closet areas and two desks. All the residents in the wing share a community bathroom.
- Class Level: First-year students are housed in Francis Hall (when needed).
- Types of Rooms: Francis Hall has 24 double bedrooms and two single bedrooms.
- Air Conditioning: Francis Hall has window air-conditioning units.
- Sheets: Mattresses are extra-long twins.
- Appliances: One internet jack is available per resident. Each bedroom is allowed one microwave, one small refrigerator and one coffee pot with automatic shut-off.
- Bathroom: Francis Hall has community bathrooms with each hallway sharing the facilities.
- Furniture: Each resident will have one adjustable bed, desk, desk chair, and closet or wardrobe.
- Bed: 30” is the maximum height of the adjustable beds.
- Elevator: The building does not have an elevator.
- Laundry: A common laundry room is available for students. The laundry machines can be utilized with the SpeedQueen app.