Committed to furthering the Alvernia vision of an inclusive community committed to academic excellence, Clare’s Cupboard seeks to be an integrated, community-based resource that enhances our students’ quality of life in their campus home. Clare’s Cupboard aims to meet the needs of every student as they focus on their personal, social, and academic growth.
What We Do
Clare’s Cupboard is Alvernia’s on campus resource available to all students in need. Through generous donations from students, community partners on campus and off, and friends of the Cupboard, we are able to offer food, toiletries, clothing, housewares, and academic assistance for free to Alvernia students in need.
What We Offer
- Non-perishable food items (instant meals, soup, cereal, breakfast bars, and more!)
- Clothing (casual and business attire)
- Housewares (Pots and pans, dishes, bedding, etc.)
- School Supplies
Where We're Located
- Bornemann Building, across the street from the Kestral/Commuter Lounge entrance of Bernardine Hall.
- John R. Post Center at Reading CollegeTowne, in room 105D on the first floor.
- Grab n’ Gos (mini–Clare’s Cupboards) are available in the Franco Library and Kestrel/Commuter Lounge.
- We also have Clare’s Cupboard locations at Pottsville CollegeTowne, Philadelphia Campus, and in collaboration with Deliverance Evangelistic Church.
Clare’s Cupboard is a great place to engage in service opportunities on Alvernia’s campus!
Find out more about how to volunteer with Clare’s Cupboard.
Donate to Clare's Cupboard
Karli Imperato '23 is the administrator of Clare’s Cupboard for this year. Karli is an MSW candidate who's been interning with the Cupboard for the past year. If you have any questions about donating or about the Cupboard, contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.