Responsible for the safe operation of the University Shuttles for the Transportation department of Alvernia University.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Provide transportation services for Alvernia University
- Record statistical ridership
- Provide daily inspection, report, and maintain fuel level and cleanliness of vehicles
- Be friendly and courteous towards customers
- Obey all governmental laws and guidelines pertaining to safe transport
- Be punctual and stringent on timings and make no delays in transportation
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University
- Good organizational skills
- High School Diploma
- CDL certification with air brake endorsement
- Medical certifications as deemed necessary for CDL endorsement
Additional Comments, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in repairs and maintenance on equipment and vehicles
- Perform checks to ensure safety
- Responsible for filing reports on equipment, delays, incident or accident occurrences
- Keep communication open with drivers and staff
- Occasionally assist in some additional Utility functions
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
- Health and wellness certifications as required by law and policy to provide transportation services.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: June 24, 2021