It is a tradition among Catholic colleges and universities to open each academic year with the Mass of the Holy Spirit, to seek God’s guidance and blessing in the quest for learning. Our Mass of the Holy Spirit is a “learning Mass,” with periodic explanations of Roman Catholic traditions and rituals, so that all members of our University community may feel welcome and included in our celebration.
On Monday, August 26, 2019, our Reading Campus will follow an adjusted class schedule, as follows:
If your class is scheduled to begin at…
- 8:00 a.m. it will meet instead from 8:00 a.m. - 8:40 a.m.
- 9:05 a.m. it will meet instead from 8:55 a.m. - 9:35 a.m.
- 9:45 a.m. or 10:10 a.m. it will meet instead from 9:50 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- 11:15 a.m. it will meet instead from 10:45 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
Mass of the Holy Spirit at 12:00 noon
- 12:15 p.m. or 12:20 p.m. it will meet instead from 1:30 p.m. - 2:10 p.m.
- 1:25 p.m. it will meet instead from 2:25 p.m. - 3:05 p.m.
- 2:00 p.m. or 2:30 p.m. it will meet instead from 3:20 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- 4:00 p.m. it will meet instead from 4:15 p.m. – 4:55 p.m.
(All classes scheduled to begin after 4:00 p.m. will meet as regularly scheduled.)
All DPT classes will meet at their regularly scheduled times and full lengths.
At 11:30 a.m., all members of the University community* may begin to proceed to the Physical Education Center, in which our Mass of the Holy Spirit will be celebrated at 12:00 noon.
(* Offices and services deemed essential will remain open.)
Special seating areas will be designated for all of our First Year Seminar (FYS) sections and new transfer students. Ushers will be available to direct all FYS and new transfer students to their sections.
Faculty and staff members who wish to participate in the opening academic procession should report to the Campus Commons Living Room by 11:35 a.m. and be robed and ready to process by 11:50 a.m.
Members of the Administration and special guests should report to the President’s Suite (at the stadium) by 11:35 a.m. and be robed and ready to process by 11:50 a.m.