In accordance with the federal regulations set forth the by The Higher Education Act of 1965 (amended in 1998), educational institutions are required to disclose specific consumer information about the school and the availability of student financial aid to prospective and continuing students. The following is a detailed list of consumer information and references to additional details and/or reports.
- Academic Programs- Programs of study available at Alvernia University.
- Accreditation Information- Alvernia is an accredited institution.
- College Navigator- Learn more about Alvernia University with this useful tool.
- Computer Use and File Sharing- Alvernia's current policy for computer use and file sharing.
- Copyright Infringement Policies and Sanctions- Alvernia's copyright infringement policy.
- Cost of Attendance- Details on tuition and fees for various programs.
- Course Catalog- Information and details begin on page 87 of this interactive guide.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)- Federal regulations regarding privacy.
- Instructional Facilities and Labs-Campus maps are available with information and photos of campus facilities.
- Instructional Personnel- A list of our current professors, faculty, and staff.
- Services for Disabled Students- Alvernia offers services for students with disabilities. Additional details can be found here.
- Student Activities- Student clubs and organizations, including SGA and CAB as well as other campus happenings.
- Student Diversity- Details of the Alvernia University student population.
- Textbook Information- Visit the online bookstore to place orders for your textbooks, you can pick them up or have them delivered to your home.
- Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreement Programs- Alvernia has an articulation agreement or transfer partnership with various colleges.
- Tuition Refund Policy- Information regarding tuition adjustments based on drops/withdrawals/refunds of credit balance.
- U-CAN - University and College Accountability Network
- Veteran Student Information- Alvernia has programs and services expressly for our valued veteran students.
- Voter Registration- The university encourages everyone to register and vote.
Teacher Preparation Program Report
- Report for 2015-16- Title II Information
Financial Aid Information
- Applying for Aid- Applying for financial aid is easy at Alvernia. We encourage you to apply, even if you feel you may not be eligible for assistance. Pennsylvania residents should file the FAFSA before the May 1 state grant deadline. Be sure to list Alvernia University as one of the schools that will receive your information. Our school code is 003233.
- Available Aid Programs- Alvernia University offers a program of financial assistance that includes grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study opportunities.
- Determination of Eligibility- Financial aid eligibility differs depending upon the degree program in which you are enrolling. Minimum requirements are broken down by degree program.
- Preferred Lender List- Alvernia's recommended lenders for alternative loans.
- Rights and Responsibilities of Receiving Financial Aid- Know your rights and requirements when you obtain financial assistance.
Student Loan Information
- Institutional Code of Conduct for Educational Loans
- Initial Loan Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Self Certification Form
- Terms and Conditions of Student Employment- There are many types of student employment available at Alvernia – Federal Work Study, Intitutional Work Study, PA state work study and the Facilities Student Partnership Program.
- Terms of Withdrawl- Information on how financial aid is affected by withdrawing from the university may be found in section 5 of the Alvernia Financial Aid Handbook.
- Tuition and Fees- Current costs information by type of degree.
- Net Price Calculator - Estimate your eligibility for financial aid and your out-of-pocket expenses
Health and Safety
- Illegal Drug and Substances Policy- The institutional alcohol and substances policy begins on page 38 of the Alvernia University Student Handbook.
- Vaccination Policies- Download a medical history form for your physician to complete. It is required that every student have a medical history form on file before the start of classes.
- Emergency Guidelines and Procedures- Click to download Alvernia's emergency guidelines and procedures.
- Job Placement for Graduates- The career services office is staffed by career development professionals to assist students and alumni in all phases of occupational exploration, career planning, and job seeking.
- Public Safety Information- Campus crime statistics begin on page 4.
- Sexual Misconduct Policy- Details of Alvernia's strictly enforced regulations can also be found on page 32 of the Student Handbook.
- Student Demographics- Profile information of the Alvernia student population.
Student Right-to-Know Act Information
The Office of Student Financial Services
400 Saint Bernardine Street
Francis Hall, Room 203
Reading, PA 19607
Mon - Th: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Fri - 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Summer Office Hours*
Mon - Th: 8:00 am – 5 pm
Fri - 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
* Begins May 31