Elena Lawrick, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Education
Chair of Education Department
Coordinator of TESOL programs
Ph.D. in teaching English as a second language, Purdue University
M.A. in English philology, translation studies, & teaching English as a foreign language, Far Eastern National University
Current research agenda
- Reflective practice in teacher education
- English language curriculum for adults in volunteer-based community programs
- TESOL training for PK-12 educators and volunteer ESL teachers
- Book Chapters
- Lawrick, E. (2016). Part II. Domains of English use in Russia: Scholarship. In Z. G. Proshina & A. Eddy (Eds.) Russian English: History, functions, and features (pp.149-160). Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Eddy, A., Ivankova, T. & Lawrick, E. (2016). Part II. Domains of English use in Russia: Scholarship. Mass Media. In Z. G. Proshina & A. Eddy (Eds.) Russian English: History, functions, and features (pp.172-180). Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Lawrick, E. , & Eseilli, F. (2015). Familiar strangers: International students in U.S. universities. In N. Evans & N. Anderson (Eds.) ESL Readers and writers in U.S. higher education: Understanding challenges, providing support (pp.80-94). Routledge, NY.
- Lawrick, E. (2016, Fall). Supporting multilingual students in college. College ESL Quarterly. Retrieved from http://www.languageartspress.com
- Lawrick, E. (2013). Students in the First Year ESL Writing Program: Revisiting the notion of “Traditional” ESL. Writing Program Administration: Journal of the Council of Writing Program Administrators, 36(2), 27-58.
- Esseili, F., McIntosh, K., Torres, C., Lawrick, E., McMartin-Miller & Chang (2009).World Englishes: Practical implications for teaching and research. INTESOL Journal, 6(1), 7-22.
- Book Review
Lawrick, E. (2011). Review of English around the World [Review of the book English around the world by E. W. Schneider]. THE LINGUST LIST.
Upland Center 214
400 Saint Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607