Elena Lawrick, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Education
Chair of the Education Department
Coordinator of TESOL programs
Room 214, Upland Center
400 Saint Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607
Ph.D. in Teaching English as a Second language, Purdue University
M.A. in English Philology, Translation Studies, & Teaching English as a Foreign Language, Far Eastern National University
Current Research Agenda
- Reflective practice in teacher education
- English language curriculum for adults in volunteer-based community programs
- TESOL training for PK-12 educators and volunteer ESL teachers
- Book Chapters
- Lawrick, E. (2016). Part II. Domains of English use in Russia: Scholarship. In Z. G. Proshina & A. Eddy (Eds.) Russian English: History, functions, and features (pp.149-160). Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Eddy, A., Ivankova, T. & Lawrick, E. (2016). Part II. Domains of English use in Russia: Scholarship. Mass Media. In Z. G. Proshina & A. Eddy (Eds.) Russian English: History, functions, and features (pp.172-180). Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Lawrick, E. , & Eseilli, F. (2015). Familiar strangers: International students in U.S. universities. In N. Evans & N. Anderson (Eds.) ESL Readers and writers in U.S. higher education: Understanding challenges, providing support (pp.80-94). Routledge, NY.
- Lawrick, E. (2016, Fall). Supporting multilingual students in college. College ESL Quarterly. Retrieved from http://www.languageartspress.com
- Lawrick, E. (2013). Students in the First Year ESL Writing Program: Revisiting the notion of “Traditional” ESL. Writing Program Administration: Journal of the Council of Writing Program Administrators, 36(2), 27-58.
- Esseili, F., McIntosh, K., Torres, C., Lawrick, E., McMartin-Miller & Chang (2009).World Englishes: Practical implications for teaching and research. INTESOL Journal, 6(1), 7-22.
- Book Review
Lawrick, E. (2011). Review of English around the World [Review of the book English around the world by E. W. Schneider]. THE LINGUST LIST.
Ph.D. Dissertation Committee Service
- Ph.D. in Educational Leadership committee chair, member, & reader
- Ph.D. committee member (Immaculata University)
- Graduate Research Fellowship Program research mentor
- TESOL International Association
- Penn-TESOL East
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE)
- Pennsylvania Association of Colleges and Teacher Educators (PAC-TE)