Bryan Dreibelbis, CMA, CFM
Associate Professor of Business
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified Financial Manager (CFM)
- M. Ed. (Business), Bloomsburg University
- B.S., Accounting, Bloomsburg University
Professor Dreibelbis received his BS in Accounting and an M. Ed. from Bloomsburg University. He is a Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and a Certified Financial Manager (CFM). In addition, he has professional experience in banking, the automotive industry, and public education. He has been teaching at Alvernia University since 1987 and served as Business Department Chair from 1999 to 2003. In 1988, he founded Alvernia’s award-winning Phi Beta Lambda (Future Business Leaders) Chapter and served as the chapter’s adviser from 1988 - 2013. He is also an academic mentor and advisor for student members of the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA).
- 2011, received Alvernia University SGA Advisor of the Year Award
- 2009,2012, 2014 he was named as one of the top four members of the Reading IMA Chapter.
- 2007, 2008 and 2010, he was named as one of the top five members of the Reading IMA Chapter.
- 2006, Alvernia presented him with the Outstanding Student Advisor Award.
- 2002, National IMA Certificate of Merit for Excellence in Contributing to Management Accounting Literature.
- 2002 and 1999, Reading IMA Author's Award.
- 2000, Post-Secondary Educator of the Year Award from the Pennsylvania Business Education Association.
- 1997, Alvernia presented him with the Saint Bernardine Award for Excellence in Teaching.
- In 1992, 1996, 1999, 2005, and 2008, he received the Pennsylvania Phi Beta Lambda Advisor of the Year Award.
- In 1997, he received the Harry S. Gross Award for Outstanding Service to the Reading IMA Chapter.
- He is also a past-president of the Pennsylvania Business Education Association.
- Board of Directors, Reading IMA Chapter, 1990 - present
- Accounting Advisory Board, RACC, 2000 - present
- Board of Directors, Boyertown Museum of Historic Vehicles, 1991 - 2005
- Board of Trustees, Hafer Foundation, 1995 - 2004
- Board of Directors Pennsylvania Future Business Leaders of America, 1988 - 1999
- State Chair and Board of Directors, Pennsylvania Phi Beta Lambda, 1995 - 1999
- Member, AACA National Museum; Berks Business Support Network; American Society for Training and Development; Pennsylvania State Education Association; and the National Education Association.
Selected Publications & Presentations
- "Was Reading the First Detroit", Americal Society for Quality (ASQ), June 2014 and Reading IMA Chapter, May 2013
- "Fiscal Reform Unlikely to End Suspect Behavior" (contributor), Eastern PA Business Journal, May & July 2010
- “Was Reading the First Detroit?” Alvernia Seniors College, Spring 2009.
- “Training: Time to Learn or Time to Run?,” Strategic Finance, January 2002.
- “Businesses Go Bust at a Record Pace,” Eastern Pennsylvania Business Journal, February 2002.
- “Wrong Number: Consumers May Lose Out in Phone Firm Mergers,” Reading Eagle, March 2006.
- “IMA Membership: Student Expectations,” Manuscript for Reading IMA Chapter, 1999.
- Accounting Presentations for SFS Intec, Inc., September 2006 and February 2007.
- “Was Reading the First Detroit?” presentation to local Lions Clubs and other civic groups, 1995-2005.
- “Sarbanes-Oxley,” public presentation at Alvernia College, 2003.
- “An Investment Primer,” presentation to The Highlands, 1999.