Alvernia’s undergraduate Adult Education programs are offered in an online and/or hybrid format and cannot accommodate a F-1 student visa at this time. International students looking to enroll in our online programs from their home country will need to have a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year U.S. bachelor's degree. This degree must be from an officially recognized degree-granting institution in the country in which it operates. Students must also submit proof of English proficiency.

How to Apply: International Applicants


Along with your completed application accompanied by $25 non-refundable application fee, you’ll need to provide a few supporting materials. Alvernia University considers you an international student if you are a non–U.S. citizen or a non–U.S. permanent resident. U.S. citizens and permanent residents who have studied in foreign countries (excluding study abroad programs) must complete step 1. Because there’s lead time required for some items, here’s a step-by-step process that seems to work best for candidates:


  • Complete your online application. While you wait for your transcripts to be processed, you can begin your online application, which lets you build, edit and save sections of your application along the way. 
  • Order these items: your foreign credential evaluation, a copy of the English translation and a copy of your transcript or mark sheets. Students who have studied in foreign countries will need to request a course-by-course evaluation. Any non–U.S. college or university work not included on another U.S. university transcript (i.e., study abroad) must be evaluated course-by-course by a foreign credential service and translated into English. A copy of the report should be sent directly from the company to our office:

     Alvernia University
     Graduate & Adult Education - Admissions
     400 St. Bernardine St.
     Reading, PA 19607

     Here is the agency that specializes in foreign credential evaluations. You’ll find plenty
     of information on their website regarding how to make a request and the fee for
     the evaluation.

     World Education Services, Inc.
     Ask for a “Course-by-Course Report.”

     Foreign credit evaluation can take several weeks.
     That’s why we recommend that you order an evaluation as early as possible.

  • If you are from a country where the native language is not English, provide an official report from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Test. If you haven’t take the TOEFL Test (or your official report is more than 2 years old), you’ll need to take the test.


  • Complete an Alvernia University Financial Statement.


Contact Admissions: