How to Apply:
Master of Science in Nursing
Along with your completed application accompanied by $50 non-refundable application fee, you’ll need to provide a few supporting materials. Because there’s lead time required for some items, here’s a step-by-step process that seems to work best for candidates:
- Complete your online application. While you wait for your transcripts to be processed, you can begin your online application, which lets you build, edit and save sections of your application along the way.
- Official transcript(s). Official transcript(s) indicating that the applicant has earned a baccalaureate degree in nursing from an ACEN, CCNE, or CNEA accredited program at a college or university. Also, the completion of an undergraduate statistics course and undergraduate research course with a grade of “C” or better is required. If not completed, the courses must be taken in conjunction with graduate courses at Alvernia University. A minimum of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale in a BSN program is required.
- Three references. References are preferred from professional nurses with graduate degrees, but can also come from former professors, employers or supervisors. This requirement is waived for BSN graduates of Alvernia University.
- Professional Resume.
- Meeting with the MSN program coordinator or faculty member. After all the required application materials have been received, each applicant may be contacted to arrange for a personal meeting. The meeting will be conducted by the MSN program coordinator/faculty or a designated representative.
- Photocopy of applicant’s current Registered Nurse License or equivalent.
Note: Applications for the Master of Science in Nursing program at Alvernia University are also accepted through NursingCAS, if that is your preference.