How to Apply to Financial Aid in 5 easy steps...
1. Apply for admission to Alvernia University. Both the admissions and financial aid applications should be submitted as early as possible. Don’t wait to apply for financial aid until you receive an admissions decision. In order to receive a financial aid offer, you must be accepted for admission.
2. As soon as possible after October 1, you should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which can be submitted online at www.fafsa.gov. Be sure to list Alvernia University as one of the schools that will receive your information. Our school code is 003233. Your information will be processed and forwarded to Alvernia within approximately two weeks.
3. A financial aid package is prepared and mailed only when your FAFSA has been received, you have been accepted to Alvernia University, and you are registered for classes. If you have any questions after you have reviewed your package, please contact our Office of Student Financial Planning for assistance.
4. Complete any loan applications as early as possible. The Federal Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling can be completed at www.studentloans.gov.
5. Respond immediately to requests for information such as tax returns. Missing information may delay your financial aid processing.
For a printable financial aid flier, please contact the Financial Aid office:
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
The Office of Student Financial Services400 Saint Bernardine Street
Francis Hall, Room 203
Reading, PA 19607
Fall/Spring Office Hours
Monday - Wednesday: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Thursday - Friday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Winter/Summer Office Hours
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm