Good teachers change lives. It's that simple. Alvernia University's Master of Education programs hold the highest standards of academic excellence as they prepare caring, highly-qualified candidates who are uniquely positioned to address various needs of the diverse populations in today's schools.
- Education Department Mission
The Education Department, rooted in a proud Franciscan heritage, is dedicated to providing instruction in educational theory balanced with current classroom practices. Our education programs focus on a values-centered approach toward the preparation of caring, highly-qualified candidates uniquely prepared to address the needs of the diverse populations in today’s schools.
M. Ed. degree tracks (both online and on campus)
- M.Ed. in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL) with optional ESL Program Specialist Certification
- M.Ed. in Educational Leadership
- M.Ed. with Principal Certification
- M.Ed. in Special Education
- M.Ed. with Special Education Certification
The following PA teaching certifications can be added to a Master of Education degree:
- Special Education Certification (PK-12) - online
- ESL Program Specialist Certification (PK-12) - on campus, remote, and online
- Principal Certification (PK-12) - on campus, remote, and online
Kelly Burr, M.Ed.
Director of Graduate Enrollment
610-796-8296 (phone), 610-796-8367 (fax)