Financial Aid Process Overview
At Alvernia, applying for financial aid is easy. We encourage all prospective Alvernia students to apply, even if you feel you may not be eligible for assistance.
About 98% of our undergraduates receive some type of financial aid, including scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study.
Many of today's graduate students received their undergraduate degrees with the help of financial aid. We hope this site will help remind you of the key points to remember when applying for financial aid.
Adult Education Students:
Like most adult undergraduate students, you’re probably thinking about where you’ll get the money to pay for your tuition. There are lots of ways that Alvernia University makes your tuition more affordable, including our tuition payment plan, a variety of financial aid options, and the tuition reimbursement program.
Financial Aid TV
FATV has been a great tool for our students. The videos provide just the right amount of information on the ‘hot’ financial aid topics we want our students to know.
Net Price Calculator
Find out how affordable Alvernia can be with our Net Price Calculator.
Financial Aid Timeline
The key to financing your education is to plan early and keep your options open. The more you know about how financial aid works, the better prepared you will be to pay for college programs. The following timeline should help our prospective undergraduate families.
***As of May 10, 2015, FAFSA is replacing the 4 Digit PIN with a FSA ID Username and Password for security purposes and to simplify and streamline the application process. For a video tutorial click here. You can view more information regarding these changes by clicking here.
- Apply to Alvernia University.
- Schedule a shadow visit to campus or join us for an Open House.
- Apply for outside scholarships through various organizations, civic groups, and foundations. Check with your local library, high school guidance office, or search the Internet.
- Apply for a FSA ID at www.fsaid.ed.gov (For step by step instructions on how to create a FSA ID Username and Password please click on the instructions).
- Complete the FAFSA form or apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Refer to your previous year’s Federal Tax Return (1040, 1040A or 1040 EZ). Do not send tax returns with your FAFSA. Keep copies of everything!
- Apply for state scholarships. Deadlines vary.
April – May
- Confirm Alvernia enrollment by sending confirmation deposit.
- Sign up for an Alvernia Payment Plan.
June – July
- Complete all loan applications.
- Pay fall semester bill.
The Office of Student Financial Planning
400 Saint Bernardine Street
1st Floor – Bernardine Hall
Reading, PA 19607
Mon - Th: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Fri - 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Summer Office Hours*
Mon - Th: 8:00 am – 5 pm
Fri - 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
*Starting on May 31