Financial Aid Process Overview
At Alvernia, applying for financial aid is easy. We encourage all prospective Alvernia students to apply, even if you feel you may not be eligible for assistance.
Many of today's graduate students received their undergraduate degrees with the help of financial aid. We hope this site will help remind you of the key points to remember when applying for financial aid. Learn more
Adult Education Students:
Like most adult undergraduate students, you’re probably thinking about where you’ll get the money to pay for your tuition. There are lots of ways that Alvernia University makes your tuition more affordable, including our tuition payment plan, a variety of financial aid options, and the tuition reimbursement program. Learn more
Financial Aid TV
FATV is a great tool for our students. It has a library of videos to provide just the right amount of information on vital financial aid topics students must understand.
Net Price Calculator
Find out how affordable Alvernia can be with our Net Price Calculator.
Financial Aid Timeline
The key to financing your education is to plan early and keep your options open. The more you know about how financial aid works, the better prepared you will be to pay for college programs. The following timeline should help our prospective undergraduate families. At any time during the process, if you need help or to ask questions, contact the Office of Student Financial Planning at 610-796-8356. Documents may be faxed directly to us at 610-796-8336. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
August to October
- Apply to Alvernia University via our online portal or The Common Application (be sure to list Alvernia as one of your schools).
October to May
- Apply for outside scholarships through various organizations, civic groups, and foundations. Check with your local library, high school guidance office, or search the Internet.
- Complete the FAFSA online. To do this you will refer to your previous year’s Federal Tax Return (1040, 1040A or 1040 EZ). Be sure to write down your personal FAFSA ID for future logins to your account.
- Apply for scholarships. Be aware that deadlines for these will vary.
April to May
- Confirm your Alvernia University enrollment by sending your confirmation form & deposit to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Sign up for an Alvernia Payment Plan, if you choose.
June to July
- Complete all loan applications.
- Pay fall semester bill.