The Principal Certification (PK-12) Program is the licensed educators who seek a position as an educational administrator. The program prepares teachers and supervisors to meet the requirements for the Administrative I 75 (Principal PK-12) Certification in Pennsylvania.
The program is approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
It is recommended that candidates for PA Principal Certification have an attained master’s degree or enroll in the Master of Education with Principal Certification Program.
- Educational Leadership Program Mission
In keeping with Alvernia's Christian commitment toward the harmonious development of the whole person, the Principals' Certification Program aims to develop self-directed and competent building administrators who are capable of and accountable for decision-making in all phases of their professional responsibilities.
The program starts on Jan. 17, March 9, & July 10 in 2023.
Read more about:
- The admission requirements and application process
- Program curriculum
- Requirements for field experiences
- Certification test School Leaders Licensure Assessment (6990)
- Applying for the Administrative I (75) Certificate (the licensure area “Principal or Vocational Director”)
Kelly Burr, M.Ed.
Associate Director of Graduate Admissions
610.796.8296 (phone), 610.796.8367 (fax)
Elena Lawrick, Ph.D.
Chair, Education Department