How to apply
Alvernia University uses the rolling admission process: that is, we continually accept and review applications. This provides an advantage of starting the program at your convenience.
To begin the admission process, please complete an online application and pay a non-refundable $50 application fee (may be waived for teachers from partner school districts). Please note that the online system allows you to save and edit sections prior to submitting your application.
The following documents need to be uploaded/submitted with the online application:
- Undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate transcripts demonstrating a minimum 3.0 GPA. Note that up to 6 graduate credits from an accredited institution may be transferred upon the review of Program Coordinator
- Personal statement discussing your professional goals relevant to educational leadership (300-500 words in length)
- Valid PA Instructional Certificate I or II
- Three letters of recommendation from a: 1) Principal, 2) Assistant Superintendent, 3) other non-family member. Recommenders should discuss the applicant's qualities as an emerging educational leader
- For international applicants: Foreign transcript evaluation and evidence of English language proficiency. Read about the application process for international students here
- Clearances as required by the state of Pennsylvania prior to the start date of the first course
Please note the requirement to complete 3 years of satisfactory performance in the area of teaching certification prior to applying to the Pennsylvania Department of Education for Principal Certification. This requirement does not prevent applicants from admission to this academic program and can be met while a candidate is doing the coursework.
Graduate & Adult Education - Admissions
400 St. Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607
Kelly Burr, M.Ed.
Associate Director of Graduate Admissions
Enrollment Coordinator, Schuylkill Campus
Director, Philadelphia Campus