Wyomissing Area School District + Alvernia = Success
Through a partnership with Alvernia University, Wyomissing Area School District faculty and staff can earn the degrees necessary to be leaders in the education field. Alvernia offers flexible and convenient learning options in multiple formats. Students can take classes on campus, online, or in a blended on campus/online format.
Exclusive Wyomissing Area School District Benefits
The Alvernia + Wyomissing Area School District partnership allows WASD employees to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Access to more than 50 associate degree programs, bachelor’s degree and degree completion programs, master’s degree programs and certificate programs
- Preferred pricing on Alvernia University graduate tuition
- Application fee waived for graduate classes – use application fee code GRAD FEE WAIVER (*Note – fee code is case sensitive)
- Transfer of credits
- Assistance in applying and enrolling at Alvernia
- Tuition Deferment and/or Tuition Reimbursement
- Full access to university resources including the library, state-of-the-art computer labs, volunteer opportunities, the fitness center, athletic events, lectures, the arts, and more…
- A vast network of professionals in the Greater Reading business community
Featured Programs & Certifications
- Master of Education – Approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, this graduate level program prepares professional educators for leadership roles within their field. Students can choose from one of three concentrations – Educational Leadership, Special Education, or Urban Education – and can be combined with any of our our available teaching certifications.
- English as a Second Language Program Specialist (Grades K-12) Certification – The ESL Program Specialist Certification prepares teachers to address the needs of English Language Learners. This certification can be earned on its own in combination with a Master of Education graduate degree.
- Secondary Education (Grades 7-12) Certification – Our Secondary Education Certificate Program provides an ideal balance between theory and classroom practices. Students will be prepared to teach in their chosen content area – either English, Social Studies, Math, Biology or Chemistry. The Secondary Education Certification can be pursued on its own or combined with a Master of Education degree.
- Special Education (Grades Pre K-8 & 7-12) Certification – Our Special Education Certificate program provides students with the coursework and field experiences required to be successful in a variety of inclusive special education classroom settings. This certificate complies with current Pennsylvania and national standards, and can be completed on campus, online, or in a blended format.
- Principal Certification – Our Principal Certification program prepares teachers and supervisors to take leadership positions within school districts and meets Pennsylvania requirements. It is recommended that candidates have either already earned or be taken in conjunction with with a Master of Education degree.
- Superintendent’s Letter of Eligibility – Our program aims to develop self-directed and competent district-wide administrators who are capable of decision-making in all phases of their professional responsibilities. The Superintendent’s Letter of Eligibility program can be take on its own or combined with a Master of Education degree.
- MBA – Take your career to the next level with a Master in Business Administration graduate degree. This program is ideal for staff and administration who are looking to do more than just manage – they’re looking to lead. Classes are offered on campus, fully online or in a blended format.
The Alvernia Advantage
Alvernia University is a fully accredited institution, combining the small class sizes and personal attention of a small private college with many of the opportunities of a large university. With more than 50 on campus, online and blended academic programs taught by faculty who are experts in their fields, Alvernia gives you easy, convenient and flexible options that let you earn your degree while working full-time.
Get Started Today!
We’re here to help you every step of the way. Contact our Graduate and Adult Admissions team at 610.796.5187 or email@example.com with questions or to enroll today.
Wyomissing Area School District Dedicated Contact:
Coordinator of Graduate Admissions & Student Services
School of Graduate and Adult Education
Upland Center - Room 135