College of Professional Programs
Four things set our programs apart:
• The faculty. Our faculty combine outstanding credentials in their professions with top-notch teaching skills. They have been CEOs, CFOs, vice presidents, and leaders in their fields, and they bring that experience with them into the classroom.
• Real-world experience. Our programs have tight connections to the community, and those connections translate into outstanding internship and field placements for students in all programs. Plus, our links to the community enable us to stay agile, flexible, and in synch with the demands of a changing workplace.
• A well-rounded education. Technical training can be great to get you that first job, but it may not get you much farther. That’s why we link career-focused learning to a strong liberal arts education, giving you a well-rounded education that prepares you not just for that first job, but for leadership and advancement over a long and successful career.
• A focus on ethics. Employers often tell us that they look to Alvernia first when they’re hiring because they know that with an Alvernia graduate, they’re hiring someone with high ethical standards. This common trait, embedded in our Franciscan heritage, infuses all Alvernia programs.
The Mission of the College of Professional Programs is to empower departments to develop students’, faculty members’, and staffs’ personal and professional responsibility in the context of their vocations. Through modeling ethical standards of our richly diverse professional programs, we encourage continual investment in best practices and engaged learning in collaboration with our communities.
Professional Programs Majors
- Athletic Training
- Behavioral Health
- Healthcare Administration
- Human Resource Management
- Sport Management
- Criminal Justice Administration
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Healthcare Science
- Medical Imaging
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- RN to BSN Completion
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Occupational Therapy (MSOT)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Social Work
Associate Professor of Nursing