The Penn Medicine - Alvernia Medical and Counseling Center is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Tuesdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. for sick visits, health screenings, select labs and injections. The center is staffed by a board certified Family Physician and a Family Nurse Practitioner.
The following services are provided at no charge in most cases:
- Health Screenings, including weight, vision, and blood pressure
- Health education
- Health requirement compliance
Appointments billed to health insurance:
- Treatment of acute illnesses
- Treatment of minor injuries
- Physical Exams (Not available for student athletes needing a sports exam to clear them for their sport. Physicals for these purposes should be done by your primary care physician.)
- Allergy injections
- PPD/Mantoux testing
- Travel immunizations
- Lab work (fees apply)
- Point of care tests (e.g. Strep, mono, urine)
- Additional lab work or testing can be ordered
Alvernia students have free, 24/7 access to virtual care services with TimelyCare — the virtual health and well-being platform from TimelyMD, designed for college students.
Students do not need insurance to access TimelyCare services. Download the app here. Students have access to services that include:
- MedicalNow: On-demand support for common health issues, including cold, flu, and allergies.
- TalkNow: 24/7, on-demand emotional support to talk about anything, including anxiety, relationships, depression, and school-related stressors.
- Scheduled Medical: Choose the day, time, and medical provider that best works for you.
- Health Coaching: Develop healthy lifestyle behaviors, including nutrition, sleep habits, time management, and mindfulness.
- Self-Care Content: Visit the “Explore” page within TimelyCare for guided self-care content, including yoga and meditation sessions, as well as group conversations with our providers on a variety of health and well-being topics.
Visit timelycare.com/alvernia to get started.
The center will provide the student with a receipt for services rendered at our facility, which the student can then pay online or at the Office of Student Accounts. The center does not participate with any medical insurance companies or file any insurance claims on behalf of the student. We can provide the necessary clinical information to the student in order to seek reimbursement on his/her own.
The student is financially responsible for any services provided outside of our office including lab work sent to an outside laboratory. It is the responsibility of the student to know which hospital, laboratory, and/or pharmacy is preferred by his/her health insurance company.
All services provided at the center are scheduled by appointment. Students should call or stop in the center to schedule an appointment. Also, students must schedule appointments for themselves, we cannot schedule appointments through parents, guardians, roommates or friends. Center providers do not excuse students from class except in rare circumstances. Please discuss any concerns you have regarding attending classes with your instructors.