Congratulations on your acceptance to Alvernia University!
So, now what do you do? Don't worry, we're here to help. Use the following information as your guide to becoming a member of Golden Wolf pack.
If you haven't been to campus, come see us. Even if you've been here before, make another visit if you wish. We are happy to help you plan an individual visit tailored to your specific needs and interests. You may also want to consider an overnight or shadow visit in order to experience life at Alvernia firsthand.
Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete your 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible.
- List Alvernia University as one of the schools that will receive your information. If you have already completed the FAFSA form but did not list Alvernia, you can log back into your FAFSA form and select option #3 to add/delete a school code. Our code is 003233.
- Your information will be processed and forwarded to Alvernia within approximately 2 weeks.
- Once your FAFSA has been received, a financial aid package will be prepared and mailed within 2-3 weeks.
- Review it and if you have any questions, contact our Office of Student Financial Planning for assistance.
Confirm Your Enrollment
Complete your Confirmation of Enrollment Form and submit it along with your $300 non-refundable enrollment deposit by May 1 (or within 2 weeks of your acceptance if it occurs after May 1). Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need assistance with this process!
- After confirming enrollment (but no earlier than April 5) you should complete your Housing Application Form.
- This Housing Application is easily accessed online at eRezLife login. Just create an account using your Alvernia email.
If you plan on commuting, please submit a petition to live off campus and return it to the Office of Residence Life.
- Housing assignments begin in early June for the fall semester, and we encourage students to submit the housing application and $250 non-refundable housing deposit promptly, as priority is given to applicants in order of the date received.
- Residence hall, room and roommate information will be made available in early July. You will receive an email with all the pertinent information, as well as additional vendor information, which should be helpful in your transition to university living. All first- and second-year undergraduate students are required to reside on campus unless a petition for off-campus living is approved.
All freshman students and transfers with less than 12 credits are required to complete placement tests in both writing and math. Transfer students with more than 12 credits who do not transfer over the appropriate math courses will also be required to take the math placement test. More information and instructions will be provided following your confirmation.
- Freshmen attend a Campus Connection Day, which includes sessions for both students and families on transitioning to university life, academics and Alvernia opportunities. Students will also have their ID photo taken, explore the campus, meet new friends and leave with their Fall course schedule. After you confirm your enrollment, you will receive a Connection Day packet with more details about this important event.
- Transfer students meet individually with an advisor to learn about the major requirements to complete their degree and review transfer credits already earned. During this meeting, transfers will learn how to register for classes online and will leave campus with a course schedule for the upcoming semester. While on campus, you will be able to take a tour if you have not already done so, have your ID picture taken, arrange for a parking permit and discuss any remaining housing and financial aid details. After you confirm your enrollment, you will receive information about how to schedule your appointment.
Health and Wellness Forms
Incoming students will receive a letter regarding Health and Wellness requirements, which should include:
- Medical History Form
- Tuberculosis Screening questionnaire
- Authorization for the Release of Medical Information
Please complete these and send them back, along with a copy of both sides of your health insurance card(s) and a copy of your immunization records from your healthcare provider.
All students, resident and commuter, are requested to return their completed health forms when they attend New Student Registration and Campus Connection Day. Any medical forms not received by August 1 will cause delays when moving in during Orientation Weekend.
In addition, if you are a student athlete or nursing, occupational therapy, or athletic training major, you must have a Physical Form completed by your primary care physician.
Attend New Student Orientation & Move-In!
We understand that going to college is a new chapter in your life and also in the lives of your family and friends. We have many events scheduled for students and their families to assist in making a successful transition into the Alvernia community. We are here to help and direct you, answer your questions, address your concerns and learn from you.
During the summer, you will receive more specific information about your move-in date and new student orientation activities taking place. Important (and fun!) activities for both resident and commuter students take place before classes begin. Please mark your calendars to be on campus for all five days of orientation.
If you have any questions, please email us or call 610-796-8269.
We look forward to seeing you in August!
The Office of Student Activities sponsors a coffeehouse performance once a month at the Wolves Den in Alvernia's Student Center. Interested in what else is happening on campus?
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
400 Saint Bernardine Street
2nd Floor – Student Center
Reading, PA 19607
Mon - Fri 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
We're here to answer your questions. Please contact us for help.
|Dean of Students||610.796.8234|
|Health and Wellness||610.796.8334|