Applying for Financial Aid
At Alvernia University, applying for financial aid is easy. We encourage you to apply, even if you feel you may not be eligible for assistance. The following guidelines should help you complete the financial aid process.
- Apply online for admission to Alvernia University, either via our AU online portal or The Common Application. We accept and process applications all year long, so as there is no deadline or ideal window to apply. As soon as you decide you may want to attend Alvernia, apply right away.
- The financial aid application (FAFSA) process for the upcoming academic year will begin in December (date to be set) of the next award year. As soon as possible after December of your senior year of high school, you and your family should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is done online. Be sure to list Alvernia University as one of the schools that will receive your information from the FAFSA. Our school code is 003233. Your information will be processed and forwarded to Alvernia within approximately two weeks of submission. For Pennsylvania residents interested in applying for state grants: please know that PA's FAFSA deadline for such grants is May 1st (of your senior year), but ideally your FAFSA will be submitted well before that date.
- You can apply for scholarships to enhance your financial aid options. Typically an application is needed for each scholarship you seek. High school guidance offices are a good resource to locate scholarships that you may be eligible for, as is our Financial Aid TV portal. Alvernia offers merit scholarships, so please be sure to research your eligibility for those as part of your scholarship search.
- As you go through the process of completing the FAFSA, it is important that you respond immediately to any requests for information, such as copies or uploads of tax returns. Missing information may delay the processing of your financial aid package.
- Your financial aid package will typically be mailed to you within 2 to 3 weeks after you've submitted your FAFSA and you have been admitted to Alvernia University.
- Once you receive your financial aid package, please review it carefully. It will detail loans, grants, scholarships, and any other benefits that may be applied to your educational costs. If you have any questions, please email Student Financial Services or call 610-796-8201 for assistance.