To apply for the program Master of Education with Principal Certification, please follow the steps below:
- Complete an online application, which lets you build, edit and save sections of your application along the way.
- Pay $50 application fee (non-refundable).
- Order your official transcript(s). Applicants must demonstrate a minimum 3.0 GPA from all prior coursework, undergraduate (final) as well as subsequent graduate coursework. The the following undergraduate credit hours are required for acceptance:
- Six (6) semester credit hours (or the equivalent) of undergraduate mathematics
- Six (6) semester credit hours (or the equivalent) of undergraduate English composition and British or American literature
- Provide a current PA Instructional Certification or Teaching License from another state or foreign country.
- Submit Clearances as required by the state of Pennsylvania prior to the first course start date.
- Submit three letters of recommendation from professors, employers, or supervisors familiar with the applicant’s professional experiences, or from religious or community leaders. Please note that the names and email addresses are included in online application.
Submit the Personal Statement (one page in length) that summarizes the value of the program for the applicant's personal and professional growth. The Personal Statement may be uploaded in online application.
- Submit your Resume (may be uploaded in online application).
- Have an Interview with the Program Coordinator/Committee (optional). The applicant will be contacted if the Coordinator/Committee requests a personal interview.
- Provide additional evidence of potential for success (e.g. academic or professional awards, special certifications, samples of scholarly or creative work, and completion of specialized examinations). This is not not required but recommended.
- Provide evidence of English language proficiency: Applicants whose first language is not English should demonstrate their proficiency in English by meeting the minimum TOEFL/IELTS scores (please contact the admissions staff with questions).
Sister Margaret Anne Dougherty, RSM, Ph.D.
Coordinator, Graduate Programs in Education
Kelly Burr, M.Ed
Associate Director of Graduate Admissions & Student Services
School of Graduate and Adult Education
610-796-8296 (phone) 610-796-8367 (fax) email@example.com
Director of Schuylkill Center
1544 Route 61 Hwy S. Suite 6190
Pottsville, PA 17901
Director of Philadelphia Center
1355 West Cheltenham Avenue
Melrose Park, PA 19027