How to apply
Alvernia University uses the rolling admission process: that is, we continually accept and review applications. This provides an advantage of starting the program at your convenience.
To begin the admission process, please complete an online application and pay a non-refundable $50 application fee (may be waived for teachers from partner school districts). Please note that the online system allows you to save and edit sections prior to submitting your application.
The following documents need to be uploaded/submitted with the online application:
- Undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate transcripts demonstrating a minimum 3.0 GPA. Note that up to 6 graduate credits from an accredited institution may be transferred upon the review of Program Coordinator
- Personal statement discussing your professional goals relevant to teaching students with special needs and diverse students (300-500 words in length)
- Three letters of recommendation
- For international applicants: Foreign transcript evaluation and evidence of English language proficiency. Read about the application process for international students here
- Clearances as required by the state of Pennsylvania prior to the start date of the first course
Graduate & Adult Education - Admissions
400 St. Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607
Kelly Burr, M.Ed.
Director of Graduate Enrollment