The Principal Certification (PK-12) Program is the licensed educators who seek a position as (assistant) school principal. The program prepares teachers and supervisors to meet the requirements for the Principal PK-12 Certification in Pennsylvania. The coursework may be applied to Master of Education with Principal Certification and Master of Education in Educational Leadership Programs.
- blended format combines online and once a week on campus courses
- learning from experienced PK-12 educational leaders
- $516/credit tuition rate, aligned with the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE) institutions
- tuition deferment and payment plans
- rolling admissions
- Act 48 credits
- Educational Leadership Program Mission
In keeping with Alvernia's Christian commitment toward the harmonious development of the whole person, the Principals' Certification Program aims to develop self-directed and competent building administrators who are capable of and accountable for decision-making in all phases of their professional responsibilities.
The program is approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
The program starts on Aug. 21 & Oct. 12 in 2023; Jan. 16, Mar. 7, May 13 & July 8 in 2024.
Read more about:
- The admission requirements and application process
- Program curriculum
- Requirements for field experiences
- Certification test School Leaders Licensure Assessment (6990)
- Applying for the Administrative I (75) Certificate (the licensure area “Principal or Vocational Director”)
Kelly Burr, M.Ed.
Director, Graduate Enrollment
610.796.8296 (phone), 610.796.8367 (fax)
Elena Lawrick, Ph.D.
Director, Educational Leadership Programs