* Please note: Due to limited accessibility of SAT and ACT testing at this time, Alvernia will waive the test score requirement for students unable to take a test to accompany their application for enrollment in the 2021-22 academic term.
Thank you for choosing Alvernia University. We will help you discover your passion and develop what you love into lifelong professional success and personal fulfillment.
Who Can Apply?
Students can apply at any time after their junior year of high school. There is no cost to apply!
Apply Anytime, We're Here to Help
Through a rolling admission process, prospective students may apply to Alvernia at any time. Multiple start dates throughout the year allow accepted students to begin a program of study at an accommodating time. We constantly accept and review applications contingent on openings in specific academic majors.
Keeping on track is important throughout the process. We encourage you to work with an Admissions Counselor to submit all necessary materials by required deadlines. Our dedicated Admissions team will work directly with you to identify the best options that work for you and your unique situation.
Once your application is reviewed, we make every effort to notify you of our decision within two to four weeks.
Documents You'll Need
Applying and submitting documents electronically is easiest for most students. When applying, please submit the following:
- Completed online application via the Alvernia web portal or The Common Application
- Official high school transcript or GED
- An official report of combined SAT or ACT scores* (waived for 2021-22 applicants due to limited testing access)
Transfer may also be required to submit:
- Transcripts from any previous higher education institution
- Two letters of recommendation (required for Alvernia's Nursing Program applicants only)
Veteran students are required to submit a legible copy of form DD214 (also known as separation or discharge papers) from military service.
Ready to Apply?
There are two easy and secure ways to complete your application, our Alvernia University web portal or The Common Application. When using the Common Application, please be sure to list Alvernia University as a chosen school so that your application is sent to us electronically upon submission.