The Alvernia University Women’s Council (AWC) was established in 2018 to meet the demand for women’s advocacy, development, and empowerment at Alvernia. The Council reflects the needs and aspirations of women within the Alvernia University community.
The mission of the AWC is threefold:
- To foster the personal and professional development of Alvernia women at all life stages
- To strengthen Alvernia women’s connection to each other and Alvernia
- To educate and inspire women to pursue or grow in leadership roles.
Since its inception, the AWC has spearheaded numerous programs, including the AWC Fall Luncheon, the AWC mentorship program, on-campus student programs focused on personal and professional development, quarterly networking events and cultivation events are meant to inspire and strengthen the engagement of AWC members to each other and the University.
The AWC has an established partnership with the Greater Reading Chamber Alliance’s Women2Women program to leverage and enhance programs and opportunities available to its members in the Greater Reading community.
Membership to AWC is open to any individual committed to enhancing the quality of life for Alvernia Women. Individuals who participate in four or more programs, events, meetings or other activities annually would be considered active members. Members may include, but not limited to, Alvernia students, alumni, faculty/staff, volunteers, community members, parents, Leadership Berks graduates.
Participation in AWC can be done virtually, in person or both. You do not need to reside in Berks County or surrounding communities to participate.
- Dec. 2: Sight & Sound Miracle of Christmas
- Dec. 12, 5 to 7 p.m.: Holiday Social and Networking, Chatty Monks Lounge, 101 N. Carroll St., Reading. Join us for a fun evening of gathering and networking to kick off the holiday season. Light refreshments will be served. Join us for as long as you can throughout the evening. (NOTE: This is not the West Reading location. The site is located behind the Wawa on Lancaster Avenue.) Please register to attend so we can ensure the proper amount of refreshments.
- March 2024: Social Event
- June 5, 2024: Bernardine Legacy Award Luncheon
- Sept. 6, 2024: 3rd Annual Leadership Summit
2023 Bernardine Legacy Award Luncheon
2023 Leadership Summit: Invest in Yourself
- Connect With Our Presenters
- Toni Moore: Moore Legal Firm – by Toni Moore
- Brianna Campbell - Coaching and Consulting
- Terri Hill: Executive Director - Berks Business Education Coalition
- Jodi Bukowski: Investment Advisor - Lifetime Financial Services
- Vali Heist: The Clutter Crew
- Michele Conway: The Orange Butterfly Effect
- Caitlin Long: Director of Technology Transfer & Innovation Commercialization - Alvernia University
- Lucine Sihelnik: Commissioner, County of Berks
- Michelle Dickinson: High Performance Life Coach & Business Mentor
- Dr. Tiffany Cresswell-Yeager: Assistant Professor, Education, Gwynedd Mercy University
- Ali Blair-Snyder: Academic Advisor, Professor, Researcher, Author
- Lydia Rieger: Tutoring and Transformation
- Dr. Paige Brookins: Director of Health Equity, City of Reading
- Jessica Warchal King: JCWK Dance Lab
- Regina Rinehimer: Partner, Wealth Manager, Kingsview Partners
- Sharon Mast: Spark Solutions and Support
- Jiolka Peralta: Texture Curl Bar
- Rosa Julia Parra: Palo Magazine
- Andi Funk: Executive Vice President & CFO, EnerSys Inc.