The medical assistant will perform various clinical and office duties to keep our Health and Wellness Center running efficiently. Our medical assistant will work with the Director of Health Services and other healthcare providers to provide services to Alvernia University students.
- Assist providers through rooming patients, assessing and recording patient information prior to the appointment, and dispensing medications, injections and vaccinations as ordered by the provider.
- Assist the front desk staff with tasks such as answering phones, greeting patients and completing compliance tasks for health requirements.
- Promote health maintenance and wellness of students and staff through health education activities.
- Maintain health records in electronic medical record of the Health & Wellness Center.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
- Maintain Lab manual with monthly controls and monitor refrigerator temperature
- Maintain and order lab supplies for Health & Wellness Center
- Assist students with scheduling of off campus testing or appointments
- Serve on specific committees and duties as assigned by the Dean of Students.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Medical Assistant with current certification.
- Over 2 years’ experience with experience in college health or primary care preferred.
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
- This is a 12 month, 12 hour per week position with possible increase in hours if budget permits.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: November 12, 2019