Leadership Development Program for Senior Managers in State Government
This innovative leadership development program provides senior managers in PA state government the opportunity to further develop their leadership abilities and succeed at the highest levels of their profession. Developed through a collaboration of Alvernia University, Harrisburg University and the Governor’s Office of Pennsylvania, this unique program gives participants the opportunity to enhance their understanding of their work place culture as well as learning strategies, tactics, and management techniques applicable to the unique challenges government employees face. Our program offers:
- Mentorship & networking opportunities
- Discussions on real life issues and concerns
- Leadership skills assessment
Each participant who successfully completes the course is awarded a certificate and (3) academic credits that can be applied towards a degree program.
The program is offered over a 4-month period. Classes meet every other Monday. Each course will require a full day of classroom instruction. Some elements of the program may be delivered online. Classroom instruction will be offered at Harrisburg University. Faculty from both Alvernia University and Harrisburg University will lead classroom instruction.
The program curriculum is based around case studies, team projects, role playing and scenario planning. Classes offer a “safe space” for senior managers to discuss issues they may face in their position while promoting interagency collaboration. Participants can expect to take courses in the following subject areas:
- Leadership versus Management
- Management Innovation & Change
- Data Driven Decision Making
- Understanding and Working within the Constraints and Culture of State Government
- Project Leadership and Project Management
- Successful Negotiation Techniques and Conflict Resolution
- Strategic Planning
- Team Building and Motivating Employees
- Budgeting, HR, Procurement in PA State Government
- Implementing Continuous Improvement
- Working with Millennials (and other generations)
Coaching & Mentoring
Program participants are divided in five cohorts. Each cohort will be assigned a mentor or coach. The mentor or coach will meet with with the cohort at least once collectively and at least once with each program participant individually.
The cost of the program is $2000 per individual. Discounts are available when two or more individuals from the same department register for the course.
Get Started Today!
The next program will be offered in the spring of 2019. It's easy to get started! For additional information contact Donald Schalk at Alvernia University at 1-610-685-3254 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Kelly Logan at Harrisburg University at 1-717-901-5171 or email@example.com .
- Download and complete the Registration Form.
- Submit your completed registration form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.