How to Apply
Alvernia provides an advantage of starting the program at your convenience. To begin the admissions process, please complete the online application, pay a non-refundable $50 application fee (may be waived for teachers of partner school districts), and submit the following:
- Official graduate transcripts from all institutions with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Valid PA Instructional Certificate I or II
- Personal statement discussing your professional goals relevant to school district level leadership (300-500 words in length)
- Three letters of recommendation that discuss the applicant’s qualities as educational leader
- Interview with the Superintendent Letter of Eligibility Program Director
Superintendent’s Letter of Eligibility with Ph.D. Program (Education Concentration)
- If you plan to apply to the Ph.D. Program along with the Superintendent's Letter of Eligibility, scores from a graduate entrance exam, such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT), may be needed in consideration of an applicant with a Master's Degree GPA below 3.25.
Graduate & Adult Education - Admissions
400 St. Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607
Kelly Burr, M.Ed.
Director of Graduate Enrollment