How to Apply
To begin the admission process, please complete an online application and submit a non-refundable $50 application fee. Please note that the online system allows you to save and edit sections prior to submitting your application.
Admission eligibility requirements include:
- Official transcript(s) indicating that the applicant has earned a Master's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Personal Statement: a one-page statement that summarizes the value of the Superintendent's Letter of Eligibility program for your personal and professional growth and development.
- Professional Resume.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors, employers, or supervisors familiar with the applicant’s professional experiences.
- Interview with the Ph.D. Program Director: after all the required application materials have been received, each applicant will be contacted to arrange for a personal interview.
- International applicants may have additional requirements and can review the application process for international students.
Superintendent’s Letter of Eligibility with Ph.D. Program
- If you plan to apply to the Ph.D. Program along with the Superintendent's Letter of Eligibility, scores from a graduate entrance exam, such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT), may be needed in consideration of an applicant with a Master's Degree GPA below 3.25.
School of Graduate & Adult Education - Admissions
400 St. Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607
Kelly Burr, M.Ed.
Associate Director of Graduate Admissions & Student Services
School of Graduate and Adult Education
Director, Schuylkill Center
Director, Philadelphia Center