Along with your completed application accompanied by $25 non-refundable application fee, you’ll need to provide a few supporting materials. Because there’s lead time required for some items, here’s a step-by-step process that seems to work best for candidates:
- Complete your online application - Begin your online application, which lets you build, edit and save sections of your application along the way.
- Order your college transcripts- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions where coursework was attempted. Transcripts should be dated within a year of your application. They must be sent through the mail, Parchment, eScrip-Safe, or the National Student Clearinghouse directly to Alvernia from the college/university where coursework was attempted. If your school requires an email address to send a transcript electronically, please use email@example.com. Sealed transcripts can also be mailed from the college/university to: School of Graduate and Adult Education, Admissions Office, 540 Upland Avenue, Reading, PA 19611.
Transcript requests may take several weeks. We recommend that you order any transcripts as early as possible.
- Provide evidence of high school completion/graduation- Documentation may include high school transcript, diploma, GED scores or equivalent. This requirement may be waived if an official college transcript is provided to validate completion of an associate degree from an accredited school.
Documentation should be uploaded to your online application or mailed to: School of Graduate and Adult Education, Admissions Office, 540 Upland Avenue, Reading, PA 19611.
- Scores from the SAT or ACT are not required
- Provide a copy of form DD214 from military (if applicable) - Veterans need to provide a legible copy of the DD214 (also known as separation or discharge papers).