The IRB consists of the following members who are appointed by the Provost:
- Chair: Oversees the functioning of the committee and provides feedback to investigators and the Provost as appropriate.
- The IRB is composed of two members representing each of the divisions: Arts and Sciences, Professional Programs, Continuing Education and Graduate Programs. One community member is also appointed.
- Qualified professionals may be asked to review applications and/or attend meetings for the purpose of providing knowledge in certain areas of expertise.
Members for the 2018-2019 Academic Year
Peggy C. Bowen, Ph.D., CTS—Chair, Department of Psychology and Counseling
- Vera Brancato, Ed.D. -- Professor of Nursing
- Catherine Emery, M.S., OTR/L -- Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy
- Carrie Fitzpatrick, Ph.D. -- Assistant Professor of English, Communication
- Sister Patrice Klausing, OSF -- Community Representative
- Ana Ruiz, Ph.D. -- Professor of Psychology and Counseling
- Spencer Stober, Ed.D. -- Ph.D. Program Director
- Evelina Panayotova, Ph.D. -- Director of Institutional Research
- Jobany Bedoya -- Community Non-Scientist
Alvernia University is committed to increasing the quantity and quality of research conducted by members of the Alvernia community. Research conducted at Alvernia should reflect our mission as well as the principles of academic freedom and the dedication to the pursuit of new knowledge. Alvernia University is committed to protecting and ensuring the rights, privacy, and welfare of those individuals participating in research projects conducted at our institution.