Transfer Student

Alvernia welcomes transfer students to our supportive campus community

AU works hard to make it easy for you to transfer and join us on campus. We recognize that you have already taken classes and started working toward your career goals, and want to bring that experience with you to complete your degree. Our counselors will work with you to make your transfer process smooth and plan a degree program that utilizes your previous coursework toward earning an Alvernia degree.

Transferring Options:

Undergraduate Transfer Student
This option is for undergraduate students interested in a degree program offered at the main campus in Reading, Pennsylvania. Courses will be taken during the day, throughout the regular semester. You should apply online for admission to this program via The Common Application or our AU online portal. An admissions checklist can be found on our Undergraduate Admission page.

If you have questions, feel free to email the Undergraduate Admissions office or call 610-796-8269 to speak to an Admissions Counselor. Please know that transcripts from all previously attended schools must be sent via email or postal mail - in addition to your online application for enrollment. To send your documents through the post office, our mailing address is: Alvernia University, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 400 Saint Bernardine St., Student Center - 2nd Floor, Reading, PA 19607.

Adult Education Transfer Student
This option is for adult education students interested in a degree program offered during the evening at all three Alvernia University locations - the Main Campus in Reading, the Philadelphia Center, or the Schuylkill Center. Courses will be primarily taken during evening hours throughout the semester. Some daytime course options are available at the Philadelphia and Schuylkill locations.

Transfer students wishing to enroll in these programs, should visit the Accelerated Adult Education Admissions page for more information or contact the appropriate campus for more information. Students interested in a graduate program, to earn a Master's degree or higher, can visit Graduate Admissions webpage. Feel free to contact the Office of Graduate and Adult Education via email or call 610-796-5187 with questions.