Responsible to the Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement for assisting with the creation, implementation and assessment of a constituent outreach program that engages students, alumni, parents and friends of the university in such a way to encourage them to participate in the life of, provide resources to, and promote the university.
- Implement the overall strategic vision, planning, management, marketing and execution of a Young Alumni and Student Engagement Program for the University that enhances and fosters a high level of alumni and student engagement and meets the established goals developed for the program.
- Works closely with the Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement to develop and manage major Alumni events (Homecoming & Family Weekend, MargaritaVern) as well as additional programs/events throughout the year to improve engagement and support of university alumni and parents and students.
- Creates, maintains and markets all content of the alumni online community (360Alumni), Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and all other social media including the management of the alumni website and monthly e-newsletters to increase alumni/parent presence, effectiveness and participation. Manage database queries and exports for direct mail, email and various alumni information.
- Assist with the coordination, promotion and execution of regional alumni and other off campus advancement events. Related duties include working with regional alumni committees, hosting events and working with venue staff. Promotion of events include working with colleagues to develop mail, email and social media events and promotion strategies.
- Manage a personal portfolio of 50 young alumni and Alvernia parents to ensure timely moves are made towards cultivation and engagement that eventually lead to consistent philanthropy.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Student/Alumni Engagement Committee and other alumni committees as needed.
- Represent Alvernia University at assigned internal and external events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement or the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Baccalaureate Degree required
- Strategic thinker with excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Must be innovative, self-motivated, creative, flexible, dedicated and able to work both independently and as an active member of a team
- High-level proficiency in utilizing all social media platforms as well as the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Availability to work some nights and weekends in order to attend events and meet with alumni, including travel that may require overnight stays.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various University constituents, volunteers and campus partners.
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
- Valid driver’s license
- Travel required
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: August 23, 2019