The Department of Physical Therapy Secretary will provide secretarial support that includes, but is not limited to, activities related to the following areas: accreditation, record keeping, department correspondence, clinical education, student interaction, department events, and other supportive tasks as requested by department faculty. The position requires a varied work schedule, includes problem resolution, and regular access to department faculty and students.
- Provides secretarial support to the PT Department Chair, Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education and the DPT faculty in the completion of accreditation documents and adherence to accreditation standards.
- Provides secretarial support to the PT Department Chair, Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education, and the DPT faculty with special projects, assignments, and reports, etc.
- Provides secretarial support for DPT core and associated faculty in the administrative aspects of teaching, that includes but is not limited to, archiving of course materials, use of technology, triaging challenges related to associated faculty responsibilities, etc.
- Triages challenges and requests from students, university administration, faculty, and staff, or department visitors. Assists in facilitating effective lines of student communication by directing concerns or “complaints” to the appropriate faculty advisor or faculty member.
- Composes correspondence, schedules appointments, organizes and schedules meetings on a routine and as needed basis. Provides a supportive role in the development and distribution of the academic and department calendar.
- Maintains adequate and organized office supplies to meet department functions. Orders teaching and general supplies and equipment as directed.
- Provides secretarial support to the PT Department Chair in department management that includes but is not limited to: PN3, purchase requisitions, work orders, faculty overload and workload requests, associated faculty contracts and reimbursement paperwork, department budget and individual accounts (PAX, unrestricted), submission of internal and external reports, etc.
- Works closely with members of the university to maintain electronic records, including but not limited to: PowerCampus, SQL Reports, etc.
- Provides secretarial, task-specific support for department events, that includes but is not limited to: student orientation, continuing education, open houses and student for a day, admission interviews, and other university and community events, etc.
- Timely communication and follow-through related to tasks, that include but are not limited to: event planning, room scheduling, registration, refreshment ordering, etc.
- Provides secretarial support to the Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education, that includes but is not limited to: mass communication with clinical sites, maintenance of clinical site contract records, clinical site spreadsheet, monitoring of student clearance renewals that includes communication with other members of the university community, obtaining liability certificates from clinical sites, and other specific tasks as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality of student records, including but not limited to: criminal background checks, student database, student progression, etc. as required by FERPA.
- Provides secretarial support for day-to-day activities according to general instructions.
- Promotes Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the Department and University.
- Provides secretarial support for semester preparation, that includes but is not limited to: student registration, room scheduling through ASTRA, maintenance of textbook lists, and preparation of associated faculty hourly contracts, in collaboration with course instructors.
- Provides secretarial support as indicated for updates, formatting and distribution of Department manuals on an annual basis, in collaboration with the DPT Mission, Policy & Procedures Committee.
- Performs other services as deemed necessary and reasonable by the PT Department Chair.
- Serves as a model of professionalism to students and maintains professional boundaries.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values, and goals of the DPT Department and Alvernia University
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years prior secretarial or related experience
- Commitment to confidentiality, including privacy of all student, guest, and department information (compliance with FERPA, HIPAA)
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong, professional communication (written and oral) skills
- Strong PC skills and experience including, but not limited to: MS Office 365, MS Outlook®, Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®, and Access®
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while working on the computer.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities from a variety of individuals and prioritize work.
- Ability to stay focused on the job at hand with frequent interruptions.
Contact: Human Resources
Posted: November 18, 2019