Dr. Elizabeth Matteo
Associate Professor of Psychology
Ph. D. Psychology (Social), Lehigh University
Dissertation: Stereotyped Group Member’s Balancing of Achievement and Belongingness Goals
M. S. Psychology, Lehigh University
Thesis: Perceptions of Prejudice: Implicit Social Inferences by Targets’ of Prejudice
M. Ed. Human Development (School Psychology), Lehigh University
Thesis: Using the Self-Monitoring Construct to Identify Children at Risk for Social Skills Deficits
B. S. Psychology, University of Oregon, Dean’s List
Studio Art, SUNY-Binghamton, High Honor’s in Studio Art
- MOL 520 Followership, Groups and Teams
- PSY 422-423 Ethical and Professional Issues I and II
- PSY 412-413 Psychology Practicum I and II
- PSY 408 Senior Seminar
- PSY 405 Social Psychology
- PSY 320 Research Methods in Psychology
- PSY 309 Scientific Methods in Behavioral Science
- HON 360/PSY 390: The Social Construction of Motherhood
- HON 360/PSY 390: The Psychology of Social Injustice
- PSY 303 Psychology of Personality
- PSY 301 History and Systems in Psychology [Traditional and OL]
- PSY 215 Multicultural Psychology [OL]
- PSY 208 Human Development across the Life Span [Traditional, OL, RH-BSN]
- PSY 105 Exploring Psychology
- PSY 101 Introductory Psychology [Honor’s]
- COL 110 First Year Seminar
Sense of community belongingness
Higher education outcomes
Matteo, E. & You, D. (in press). Designing undergraduate internships to foster ethical leadership. Journal of Character Education.
Matteo, E. & Ferrari, J. (2014). A social psychological approach to mission assessment. Journal of Management, Spirituality, and Religion, 1-13.
Ferrari, J., Bottom, T., & Matteo, E. (2014). Sense of community, inclusion, and religious pluralism: A comparison of two Catholic universities. Religious Education.109 (2), 1-14.
You, D. & Matteo, E. (2013). Assessing the effectiveness of undergraduate diversity courses using the Multicultural Experiences Questionnaire. Journal of College and Character.
Matteo, E. (2013). A qualitative study of undergraduates’ beliefs of the mentally ill. Journal of Intervention & Prevention in the Community, 42 (1).
Matteo, E., Bottom, T., & Ferrari, J. (2013). Measuring students’ perceptions of institutional identity: Validating the DePaul Mission and Values Inventory at a Franciscan University. Journal of Catholic Higher Education. 32 (2), 123-188.
Bottom, T.L., Ferrari, J.R., Matteo, E. & Todd, N.R. (2013). Predicting school sense of community: Students' perceptions at two Catholic Universities. Journal of Intervention & Prevention in the Community, 41(1).
Karahalios, V.S., Williams, S.M., Ferrari, J.R., & Matteo, E. (2013). Written in their own voice: First-year and older student perceptions of their university’s identity. Journal of Prevention & Intervention in the Community. 41 (1).
Matteo, E. & You, D. (2012). Reducing mental illness stigma in the classroom. Teaching of Psychology, 2.
Matteo, E. (2012). A person-scholar approach to mission. Association of Franciscan Colleges and Universities Best Practices Newsletter, Volume 2, Issue 2 [March].
Moskowitz, G.B., Li, P., & Kirk (Matteo), E. (2004). The implicit volition model: On the preconscious regulation of temporarily adopted goals. In M. P. Zanna (Ed.), Advances in Experimental Social Psychology (Vol. 3, pp. 317–413). San Diego, CA: Academic Press.