The Office for Multilingual Success serves as a campus-wide resource for developing a shared vision of embracing cultural and linguistic diversity. We strive to ensure that linguistically diverse (LD) students receive expert academic support based on respect for cultural and linguistic differences.
To foster a campus-wide environment in which diverse students are supported in a respectful, knowledgeable, and inclusive manner
- Provide linguistically diverse students with expert academic support
- Promote a community culture that emphasizes sharing ideas and continuous learning about educating diverse students
- Facilitate understanding of second language acquisition, cultural adaptation, and awareness of practices that support academic success of diverse students
- Provide professional development to faculty and academic support services to enhance their ability to effectively work with diverse students
Support for students
The Office supports academic achievement and cultural socialization of linguistically diverse (LD) students, both international and domestic through:
- Mentorship in developing effective study skills and managing their studies
- Assistance with papers and presentations in flexible formats, incl. face-to-face, web conferencing, and e-mail
- English language learning resources
- Workshops focused on the use of English in college and job search
- Workshops for Ph.D. students
To make an appointment, please e-mail to email@example.com.
Support for faculty & staff
- Blackboard organization Office for Multilingual Student Success, a collection of resources on teaching linguistically and culturally diverse students
- On-demand workshops tailored to specific needs of faculty and staff
- Print resources on linguistically diverse students
Contact the Office of Multilingual Success
John Carl Hepler, Ph.D.
Director, Office for Multilingual Success