Alvernia understands that transfer students often have unique considerations and questions. With that in mind, we plan visits just for students transitioning from other institutions of higher learning, so experienced college students can see firsthand how Alvernia can help you reach your goals.
Our Transfer events typically feature:
- an overview of the Admissions and Financial Aid process
- a tour of campus
- complimentary lunch in Dining Hall
- transcript evaluation (please bring documents from all previously attended schools, if you have them)
- opportunities to meet faculty, coaches & current students
- information on activities & experiences available to Alvernia students (study abroad, athletics & clubs)
We are currently planning future Transfer Events, but you are invited to join us during July or August for one of our Summer Information Sessions, which are relaxed and informative - and feature many of the same activities as a transfer visit.
If you are unable to attend a Summer Session, we encourage you to create your own Individual Visit, which is a one-on-one meeting with an Admissions Counselor to talk about admissions and financial aid matters, along with a tour of campus.
If you have any questions about transferring, please feel free to email Alvernia's Transfer Coordinator Bret Krotee or call the Undergraduate Admissions Office at 610-796-8269.
[Please note: Events are only for students intending to take classes at our main campus in Reading. If you are interested in taking classes at our Schuylkill or Philadelphia Centers, please contact those campuses directly to schedule a visit.]