MBA with Healthcare Emphasis
The ever-evolving demands and changing complexities of our healthcare system require that healthcare professionals not only excel in their chosen specialty, they also need to possess leadership, management, entrepreneurial and financial skills. These skills are increasingly important in today’s healthcare environment.
The MBA with Healthcare Emphasis is offered at our main campus in Reading, PA., and is designed to provide the working professional a cross-section multidisciplinary foundation in business. As the industry continues to experience strong growth, the need for professionals with the knowledge of the structure of healthcare markets and the skills to make informed business decisions continues to expand. The Alvernia MBA with Healthcare Emphasis will provide healthcare professions with the tools to address management, analytics, finance, risk management, leadership and business strategy.
Alvernia’s MBA with Healthcare Emphasis program is an ideal choice for healthcare practitioners, allied health professionals, drug representatives, skilled care facility managers and caregivers who desire to transition into roles as healthcare leaders. Upon graduation, students will be prepared for careers in group or individual practices, long-term care administration and healthcare facilities.
Key features of the program include:
- Convenient evening classes for working professionals
- 12:1 student to faculty ratio
- Instruction from practitioners, administrators, and faculty with first-hand experience
- Culminating executive leadership capstone synthesizing the skills and knowledge acquired throughout the program into practice
Curriculum (30 to 39 Credits)
Required Interdisciplinary Course (3 Credits)
- COR 520: Ethics and Moral Leadership
Required Business Courses (21 - 30 Credits)
- MBA 502: Accounting for the Workplace*
- MBA 504: Management and Marketing*
- MBA 506: Economics and Finance
*May be waived by MBA Admissions Committee based on graduate program policies.
- MBA 513: Accounting for the Healthcare Executive
- MBA 518: Managerial Communication
- MBA 520: Marketing Services
- MBA 611: Legal Aspects of Medical Environments
- MBA 620: Managerial Economics
- MBA 630: Management Finance
- MBA 676: Strategic Management in Healthcare Systems - taken in the final 12 credits
Select One Elective (3 credits):
- MBA 514: Long Term Care Management
- MBA 560: Human Resource Management for Leaders
- MBA 571/NUR 570: Healthcare Informatics
Required Capstone Course (3 credits):
- MBA 680: Executive Leadership Seminar - taken in the final 12 credits
Alvernia University’s Business Department programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. For information explaining all of the benefits of earning a degree from an ACBSP accredited program, please visit www.acbsp.org or send an e-mail to email@example.com.