Alvernia has MERIT
Alvernia University uses Merit, an online service for publicizing student achievements, to celebrate the great things our students and faculty do. Students receive recognition for their achievements while also creating a profile – a Merit page – that they can use for jobs, internships and references after graduation. Using this page, students and faculty can share news about their accomplishments through social media.
Check out our Merit page to see what others are doing on campus.
How does it work?
- Students win awards and honors or participate in campus events and activities.
- Communications and Marketing gets a list of the students involved and writes a short story about the accomplishment.
- A personalized article is published to Merit and sent to the local newspaper(s) of each student involved.
- Students get an e-mail to their account with a link to view their story and connect with Facebook or Twitter to share their achievements with friends and family. Parents also receive an email allowing them to share their students’ achievements on their own social media channels.
- Students can customize their Merit profiles and add other activities and accomplishments that employers might be interested in.
How do you contribute achievements?
Follow this link to find the page where you may submit content: http://alvernia.meritpages.com/contributions/new Communications and Marketing staff will review submissions before distribution. To post to student pages, we will need the students’ campus emails as well as their names and hometowns.
Can students manage privacy settings?
We respect students’ wishes to keep their accomplishments private. Opting out of Merit is easy and not only removes a student’s page from meritpages.com, but also prevents Alvernia or any other participating Merit organization from being able to publish achievements about that student in the future. To opt out, simply reply to the email you receive from Merit and ask to be removed.