Military Credit

You may earn credit for some United States military training (including Basic Training) according to specific American Council on Education Guidelines. To have your military training credits, please forward a copy of your AARTS or SMART transcript to us.


Visit for a comprehensive, up to date listing of all applicable forms and websites.


Each service will provide unofficial personal copies and send schools an official copy of your transcript at no charge. Each service branch has their own system for recording your military education and experience credits:



  • The Army uses the AARTS system, which automatically captures your academic credits from military training, and Standardized tests. The AARTS system is available to enlisted soldiers only.
  • Army Officers must use the form DD 295 (Application for Evaluation of Learning) to report their military training and experience.


Navy and Marines

  • The Navy and Marine Corps use the SMART system. This system automatically captures your training, experience and standardized test score. 


Air Force

  • The Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) automatically captures your training, experience and standardized test scores. Transcript information may be viewed at the CCAF web site:


Coast Guard



  • Under most circumstances, Veterans are eligible to use their former service branches transcript program. However if you are not eligible for AARTS, SMART, CCAF, or CGI systems, you will need to fill out form DD-295 and provide your DD-214 Discharge Document to receive credit or your experience:


A Guide to Master's Degrees for Military Members and Veterans


The Office of Student Financial Services

400 Saint Bernardine Street

Francis Hall - Room 203

Reading, PA 19607

Phone: 610.796.8201

Fax: 610.796.8336


Office Hours

Mon - Th: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm

Fri - 8:00 am – 4:30 pm


Summer Office Hours*

Mon - Th: 8:00 am – 5 pm Fri - 8:00 am – 4:30 pm

*Starting June 4th

Veterans Benefits