You may earn credit for some United States military training (including Basic Training) according to specific American Council on Education Guidelines. To have your military training credits, please forward a copy of your AARTS or SMART transcript to us.
Visit www.military.com/education/ for a comprehensive, up to date listing of all applicable forms and websites.
Each service will provide unofficial personal copies and send schools an official copy of your transcript at no charge. Each service branch has their own system for recording your military education and experience credits:
- The Army uses the AARTS system, which automatically captures your academic credits from military training, and Standardized tests. The AARTS system is available to enlisted soldiers only. http://aarts.army.mil/
- Army Officers must use the form DD 295 (Application for Evaluation of Learning) to report their military training and experience.
Navy and Marines
- The Navy and Marine Corps use the SMART system. This system automatically captures your training, experience and standardized test score.
- The Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) automatically captures your training, experience and standardized test scores. Transcript information may be viewed at the CCAF web site: www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf/
- The Coast Guard Institute (CGI) requires each Service member to submit documentation of all training (except correspondence course records), along with an enrollment form, to receive a transcript. www.uscg.mil/hq/cgi/downloads/forms/cg_form_1564.pdf
- Under most circumstances, Veterans are eligible to use their former service branches transcript program. However if you are not eligible for AARTS, SMART, CCAF, or CGI systems, you will need to fill out form DD-295 and provide your DD-214 Discharge Document to receive credit or your experience: www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel
The Office of Student Financial Services
400 Saint Bernardine Street
Francis Hall - Room 203
Reading, PA 19607
Mon - Th: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Fri - 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Summer Office Hours*
Mon - Th: 8:00 am – 5 pm Fri - 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
*Starting June 4th