The 2020-2021/2021-2022 FAFSA is Now Available!
As of October 1st, you can File your 2020-2021 or 2021-2022 FAFSA Application
Below are essential forms for those wishing to apply for financial aid in the 2020-21 and 2021-22 academic years. If you have questions, contact the Office of Student Financial Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 610-796-8201.
Our mailing address is Student Financial Services, 400 Saint Bernardine St., Francis Hall Room 203, Reading, PA 19607. Documents may be faxed to 610-796-8336.
Essential Forms & Resources
Planning for Costs
College Board has a helpful Expected Family Contribution Calculator. This a useful online tool to help you determine your expected family contribution (EFC) toward your educational costs.
Financial Aid Forms for the 2020-21 academic term
- 2020-21 Verification Worksheet
- 2020-21 Statement of Non-Filing & Form
- 2020-21 IRS Tax Return Transcript Process (for filing year 2018)
- 2020-21 IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) Process
- 2020-21 Special Circumstance Review Form
Financial Aid Forms for the 2021-22 academic term
- 2021-22 Verification Worksheet
- 2021-22 Statement of Non-Filing & Form
- 2021-22 IRS Tax Return Transcript Process (for filing year 2019)
- 2021-22 IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) Process
- 2021-22 Special Circumstance Review Form
Forms for All Academic Years
- Entrance Counseling & Master Promissory Note Instructions
- Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Parent Plus Loan Application
- How to Set Up Payment Plans - (Step-by-Step Instructions)
- Tuition Deferment/Reimbursement Form
For more information:
General Financial Aid Information
- A guide to Understanding the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Alvernia FATV has a searchable library of short videos on a wide range of financial aid topics
Loan Repayment and Default Prevention
You're not alone when it comes to student loans. Alvernia has partnered with Inceptia, a division of National Student Loan Program (NSLP), to provide you with FREE assistance on your Federal sudent loan obligations to ensure successful, and complete, loan repayment. Inceptia's friendly customer service representatives may reach out to you if your loan(s) become delinquent. Inceptia is not a collection agency. Alvernia has partnered with them to help students explore a wide variety of possibilities, such as alternative repayment plans, deferment, consolidation, discharge, foregiveness, and forebearance options. Inceptia will stay in touch with you via phone calls, letters, and/or emails to help you find answers to your questions and solutions to your issues. For additional resources, including information on repayment options, please visit Inceptia's Student Loans Knowledge HQ at HeroKnowl.org.
- You Can Deal With It is PHEAA's webtool to assist you in learning how to manage your money and handle college debt
- SallieMae has information on its site to help students afford education
- The National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) offers advice and information to students and families
- Alvernia University's Financial Aid TV videos to help understand the IRS Data Retrieval Process
- Student Financial Aid Code of Conduct
- College financial aid information just for Hispanic Students