The 2019-2020/2020-2021 FAFSA is Now Available!
As of October 1st, you can File your 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 FAFSA Application
Below are essential forms for those wishing to apply for financial aid in the 2018-19 and 2019-20 academic years. If you have questions, contact the Office of Student Financial Planning by email or calling 610-796-8356.
Our mailing address is Student Financial Planning, Bernardine Hall, 400 Saint Bernardine St., Reading, PA 19607. Documents may be faxed to 610-796-8336.
Essential Forms & Resources
Planning for Costs
College Board has a helpful Expected Family Contribution Calculator. This a useful online tool to help you determine your expected family contribution (EFC) toward your educational costs.
Financial Aid Forms for the 2019-20 academic term
- 2019-20 Verification Worksheet
- 2019-20 Statement of Non-Filing & Form
- 2019-20 IRS Tax Return Transcript Process (for filing year 2017)
- 2019-20 IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) Process
- 2019-20 Special Circumstance Review Form
Financial Aid Forms for the 2020-21 academic term (*these forms will be available by the end of November 2019*)
- 2020-21 Verification Worksheet
- 2020-21 Statement of Non-Filing & Form
- 2020-21 IRS Tax Return Transcript Process (for filing year 2018)
- 2020-21 IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) Process
- 2020-21 Special Circumstance Review Form
Forms for All Academic Years
- Entrance Counseling & Master Promissory Note Instructions
- Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Parent Plus Loan Application
- Tuition Reimbursement & Discount Form
- How to Set Up Payment Plans - (Step-by-Step Instructions)
For more information:
General Financial Aid Information
- A guide to Understanding the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Alvernia FATV has a searchable library of short videos on a wide range of financial aid topics
Loan Repayment and Default Prevention
You're not alone when it comes to student loans. Alvernia has partnered with Inceptia, a division of National Student Loan Program (NSLP), to provide you with FREE assistance on your Federal sudent loan obligations to ensure successful, and complete, loan repayment. Inceptia's friendly customer service representatives may reach out to you if your loan(s) become delinquent. Inceptia is not a collection agency. Alvernia has partnered with them to help students explore a wide variety of possibilities, such as alternative repayment plans, deferment, consolidation, discharge, foregiveness, and forebearance options. Inceptia will stay in touch with you via phone calls, letters, and/or emails to help you find answers to your questions and solutions to your issues. For additional resources, including information on repayment options, please visit Inceptia's Student Loans Knowledge HQ at HeroKnowl.org.
- You Can Deal With It is PHEAA's webtool to assist you in learning how to manage your money and handle college debt
- SallieMae has information on its site to help students afford education
- The National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) offers advice and information to students and families
- Alvernia University's Financial Aid TV videos to help understand the IRS Data Retrieval Process
- Student Financial Aid Code of Conduct
- College financial aid information just for Hispanic Students