Accountability & Recognition
- Student Fellows and Faculty Scholars will fill out two progress reports: mid and at the end of the summer program (see Schedule).
- Hour/week commitment: Student Fellows will follow timeline determined by Faculty Scholar, as appropriate for project, as proposed and approved in application process.
- In case Student Fellow is not making adequate progress at any point of the program, as evaluated by the Faculty Scholar and/or Program Coordinator, the grant may be suspended/cancelled and the student would have to vacate the room provided by the University.
- In case the Student Fellow does not participate in program meetings/workshops/capstone, as determined in the schedule, the grant may be suspended/cancelled and the students would have to vacate the room provided by the University.
- If Student Fellow must miss workshop: contact Faculty Scholar and Program Coordinator. The workshops should be taped and made available to the students. To make up for missed meeting, Student Fellow will prepare a brief report of the work assigned at the missed event. Workshop assignment may consist of one hour of work outside meeting time.
- Students who receive a successful progress report at the end of the summer program and present at future events will receive a certificate to be awarded during Honors Convocation.
- Student Fellows and Faculty Scholars will be recognized in the Honors Convocation bulletin.
- Successful completion of the summer program will result in faculty recognition for scholarly mentorship. Co-authorship or other formal scholarly accomplishments must be consistent with peer-reviewed presentations or publications considered under faculty criteria for scholarship.
S.U.R.F. Program Coordinator
Dr. Erin Way
Psychology & Counseling
Upland Center 125